mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:57 AM

Firstly, mods, wasnt sure if this belonged here, or in the dvd tech forum. Please place as appropriate.

Second, don't waste time flaming because of how "simple" the act of flashing a PC drive is. I've had plenty of new members ask me to do it for them, or how its done. I think they believe that flashing this drive is as "scary" as flashing a 360 is. Some people just aren't comfortable with this kind of stuff.

So I whipped this up just to show its as easy as opening your email.

First, when you find your firmware package, it should look something like this (this is the package right from the "usual places".
IPB Image

Note, the 2 important files. The flasher, and the firmware
IPB Image

To start, double click on sfdnwin.exe to open it. When it opens, you'll see this GUI
IPB Image

Now look in the drop down box, if the shd162c isnt selected, then select it. Dont worry about the numbers after the drive, thats just its current firmware version.
IPB Image

Go up to the upper left folder icon and click it, this is to select the firmware you wish to upgrade to.
IPB Image

Next you'll see an explorer screen to select your firmware. If its not already there, find the folder that has the Kreon firmware in it and select it. Then press "Open".
IPB Image

This time when you see the Flasher's GUI, you'll see the rest of the boxes filled out. Check to see that your boxes look similiar to the ones in the pic. Then press the upload button in the middle. This will start the flashing of your drive. It only takes maybe 5-10 seconds. Once its complete. Reboot your computer. And start backing up your games.
IPB Image

Edited by mrjkwik, 16 October 2006 - 06:16 AM.

#2 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:16 AM

cool.. never hurts to have a tut, no matter how simple the process...

my drive should arrive within a week, so ill keep this bookmarked, after i of course move it to tech dvd chat!

good stuff.

#3 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:32 AM

Makes it easy....but most people who ask how to do it haven't bothered to read the readme with the flash package.

#4 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Oct 16 2006, 01:23 AM) View Post

cool.. never hurts to have a tut, no matter how simple the process...

my drive should arrive within a week, so ill keep this bookmarked, after i of course move it to tech dvd chat!

good stuff.

Ok, thanks. Wasn't 100% sure on it.

QUOTE(jameswalter @ Oct 16 2006, 01:39 AM) View Post

Makes it easy....but most people who ask how to do it haven't bothered to read the readme with the flash package.

True. Or they haven't even gotten the firmware package yet.

#5 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:11 AM

if you dont have a sh-d162c and want to flash a ts-h352C with this FW you have to go to the directory where u extracted this stuff and run it like this

SFDNWIN -nocheck

this will make it so you can flash this drive without the program bitching at you saying you have the wrong drive, then select the proper drive and follow the rest of the tutorial.

#6 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Oct 16 2006, 02:18 AM) View Post

if you dont have a sh-d162c and want to flash a ts-h352C with this FW you have to go to the directory where u extracted this stuff and run it like this

SFDNWIN -nocheck

this will make it so you can flash this drive without the program bitching at you saying you have the wrong drive, then select the proper drive and follow the rest of the tutorial.

good info.

#7 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:20 PM

i posted this in the original kreon v0.81 thread too

fyi, i got a few h352 drives with ver A stickers on them this week, but when i used a handy little application called "winquiry" to investigate further, i found that each of the drives had been flashed with a firmware i could not find on rpc1.org for any version of the h352 model and the app indicated the drive(version) was actually an h352c...

turns out it was right and the drive accepted the kreon flash without a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users