xbot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

Halo 3 theme (original pic by maxpower from whom I borrowed excellent idea for blades and runners).

This is V2beta for everyone waiting for long time now for max to release theme.

I still want to add DVD Tray and change guide. Also if somebody has other improvement let me know.

Hope this does justice to original theme.

THANKS TEAM BLACKBOLT
THANKS MAXPOWER

IPB Image

Download

#2 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:10 PM

xbot, thanks for releasing this smile.gif

#3 jspacemarine

jspacemarine

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:14 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!

#4 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

From what I can see, you need to add a tab for the text on the current blade as you cant see it.

You also need to make the backgrounds better because they are currently too bright contrasting with the rest of the skin. I would use screenshots from the E3 Trailer for Halo 3 for the backgrounds.

#5 xbot

xbot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Oct 17 2006, 09:45 PM) View Post

You also need to make the backgrounds better because they are currently too bright contrasting with the rest of the skin. I would use screenshots from the E3 Trailer for Halo 3 for the backgrounds.

I had toned some of the backgrounds down but they probably need a bit more. I also had E3 images originally but they were very similar and a bit boring so I changed them cause I preferred ones with a bit of color. But for anybody who likes E3 images better I will post xpr with them included.

Also thanks for noticing the blade tab issue.

Halo 3 - E3 Version

Edited by xbot, 18 October 2006 - 02:00 AM.

#6 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:10 PM

xbot, thanks for the update! smile.gif

#7 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:20 PM

Looks excellent.

I've been waiting for this theme to be "done" smile.gif

#8 Loaded_Gun_Complex

Loaded_Gun_Complex

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:33 PM

Anyone wanna post pics of the revised version?

#9 xbot

xbot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(Loaded_Gun_Complex @ Oct 18 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

Anyone wanna post pics of the revised version?

Here is the preview gif

IPB Image

Halo3-E3b2 Download

Edited by xbot, 19 October 2006 - 02:59 AM.

#10 punge

punge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for finishing this up. I was waiting for this one.

#11 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:36 AM

Nice theme, really nice work. I espcially like how clean it is. One request, could you do a grayscale version? the brown is cool but I'm hoping for the grey/black. if that's a possiblility that would be great. Keep up the good work, looks great!

#12 xbot

xbot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE(sotu @ Oct 20 2006, 05:43 AM) View Post

Nice theme, really nice work. I espcially like how clean it is. One request, could you do a grayscale version? the brown is cool but I'm hoping for the grey/black. if that's a possiblility that would be great. Keep up the good work, looks great!

Thanks alot sotu. What do you mean by greyscale? Do you mean blades, runners, backgrounds, intro, guides, icons, gametag, xbmc live, logo ie. everything?

#13 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

Oh sorry I wasn't more clear. You nailed the metal feel, really industrial. I was thinking the theme would look sweet in a steelish color to really convey the metal. It's nice already I'm more curious than anything as to how it would look in a metal color, something matching the color of the H3 logo. I love the theme but the brown limits the wallpapers I can use with it.

I guess everything that's brown, could be a chrom'ish/grey. Dunno if there's a quick pass you can run the images through in photoshop to remove the color and make it look cool but you're better at it than I so if you choose to edit it then I'll be more than happy with whatever rendition you come up with. I'm really hoping to see something matching the color and look of the H3 logo on the kai blade. I think what would look slick.

Great job, that H3 logo is super clean as is the animation on the kai blade, well done.

Edited by sotu, 22 October 2006 - 09:13 AM.

#14 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:31 AM

Ok ignore that last post, what I'm thinking of is a theme in the chrom'ish blue color of the animated H3 logo on the Kai blade. Yes I realize this is alot of work for you and I don't expect anything. What it comes down to is matching a theme to that beautiful animated icon you made. Also could you see about removing the flicker effect on XBMC LIVE if you decide to give this idea a whirl.

thanks again for making such a bad ass theme. The creativity of this community is like none other.

#15 xbot

xbot

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(sotu @ Oct 22 2006, 09:38 AM) View Post

Ok ignore that last post, what I'm thinking of is a theme in the chrom'ish blue color of the animated H3 logo on the Kai blade. Yes I realize this is alot of work for you and I don't expect anything. What it comes down to is matching a theme to that beautiful animated icon you made. Also could you see about removing the flicker effect on XBMC LIVE if you decide to give this idea a whirl.

thanks again for making such a bad ass theme. The creativity of this community is like none other.

Fix the flicker no problems I can do easy, but changing to chrom'ish blue color is much bmore then just greyscale and you right will take me much time unfortunatley I dont know easy way. I like idea but means starting from scratch and making new textures to match animated logo. This is not easy. But if you want to do it let me know.

Edited by xbot, 22 October 2006 - 12:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users