• PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:19 AM

*DISCLAIMER: ANY USE OF THIS PROGRAM IS YOUR OWN RISK*

Xtreme Boot Maker is a simple program that will prepare a floppy or USB drive
for use with X360SAM.

- Auto-detects your SATA/RAID controller and hex-edits MTKFlash (if needed)
for your chipset.
- Formats your floppy/usb drive and copies all necessary files over.
- Uses X360SAM 0.4.
- MD5 checker when selecting your firmware lets you know your firmware is legit
- Updateable Firmware definitions.
- Renames the firmware you load to xtreme.bin, uses custom .bat files.
- Will work with all existing Xtreme fw's and future releases. (I Hope)
- Can be used with NTFS cd's, creates a folder on your hdd.

Fixed/Added:
------------
- Fixed: Detection of Non English MSInfo32.
- Fixed: samremod.bat
- Added: Xtreme V4 MD5 Definitions.

Download: Here

Edited by Klutsh, 17 October 2006 - 12:19 AM.

#2 pds910

pds910

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:24 AM

Thanks for another great update...haha, all these updates, both firmware and your program, keep pushing my modding back farther and farther smile.gif oh well, better to be well researched and prepared...

#3 psxpirate1

psxpirate1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:47 AM

I'm sure it's an isolated incident, but can someone help me out?
I have "An error occurred while querying for WMI data: Generic failure" message. Any ideas to fix this?

Also, I cannot see my sata in the list when I hit the detect button. I tried numerous times to uninstall the drivers and hardware and reinstall on my system with no luck. Was once detectable but now it's not. Odd. Any help is appreciated.

#4 Klutsh

Klutsh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(psxpirate1 @ Oct 17 2006, 08:54 AM) View Post

I'm sure it's an isolated incident, but can someone help me out?
I have "An error occurred while querying for WMI data: Generic failure" message. Any ideas to fix this?

Also, I cannot see my sata in the list when I hit the detect button. I tried numerous times to uninstall the drivers and hardware and reinstall on my system with no luck. Was once detectable but now it's not. Odd. Any help is appreciated.

The reason it's not showing your SATA cards is the WMI error.

All I can suggest is that you make sure te WMI services are running.
Could you also let me know what OS you are running as this app is only designed for XP

#5 FArper

FArper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:07 PM

Much lub and respect for the ppl contributing with all these apps and work-arounds... Now all we need is a v.0.3.5 so that it'll support Xtreme 4.1 smile.gif Too bad you guys were ahead of c4e by a couple of hours wink.gif

#6 Klutsh

Klutsh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(FArper @ Oct 17 2006, 04:14 PM) View Post

Much lub and respect for the ppl contributing with all these apps and work-arounds... Now all we need is a v.0.3.5 so that it'll support Xtreme 4.1 smile.gif Too bad you guys were ahead of c4e by a couple of hours wink.gif

v0.3.5 isn't needed, just allow XBM to update when it asks you.

Xtreme V4.1a and V4.1b definitions have now been added to the definition XML

#7 psxpirate1

psxpirate1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:16 PM

I'm running on Winxp Pro. I even tried to do a system restore point, but that didn't work either. I'm thinking about adding WinXP to one of my other drives just to get it to recognize. I hope it's not something physically wrong with my VIA controller. It IS set to SATA and not RAID in my bios. I'm running an MSI KT880 Delta mainboard with VIA chipset. As I stated before, it used to show up in windows when I did the msinfo32 commmand. Your help in the matter is very much appreciated over here Klutsh. Keep those apps coming! happy.gif

Edited by psxpirate1, 17 October 2006 - 06:18 PM.

#8 Nichademus

Nichademus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:59 AM

Just some input. When after installing the program, it would'nt detect my VIA PCI card. So I moved all my previous tools/modded drivers for the VIA card along with the xtreme fw of choice to this programs installation folder. Then I rebooted. I then was able to select my card and it copy/pasted all the info into the required fields. I selected my drive (USB) and formatted it. However, I haven't done the f/w upgrade yet. Too late to do the disassembly tonight.

However, I do have a question. I have v3.0 of the xtreme on my drive presently. Do I have to restore the orig.bin (back to stock) to utilize the formatted USB drive? I have backups of my orig.bin all over the place.

Just curious.

#9 pds910

pds910

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:18 AM

Klutsh,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR AN EXCELLENT PROGRAM!!!! I finally bit the bullet today and flashed my drive...your program made it sooooo easy.

I also received my SH-D162C today in the mail...used Schtrom360Xtract to make the backup, burned the .dvd file with ImgBurn, then tried it in my 360....BOOTED THE FIRST TIME!!!!

Once again, thanks for all your help, wisdom, and patience in dealing with me and anybody who has asked you questions.

#10 skx

skx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:36 PM

Hi Klutsh,

first of all, I will give you big Kudos for creating such a comfortable Tool, awsome work man!

Here is my point..

My Msinfo32.exe is not working anymore (dont ask why, there are many reasons / I tried many ways to fix that problem, only way left is a WindowsXP repair Installation) , so the Tool get me a error Message that it is unable to generate MSinfo32.exe, etc.

So I manually searched for the needed HexNumbers.
I found them on my Systemmanager/Hardwaremanager -> show Typ of resouces -> I/O -> VIA SATA Raid -> 7byte difference(I/O Port)
"BC00 C400"

And doubleclick -> Details, there is the PNP...( Device ID)
"1106 3149"

Now I add them manually by cheking the "Use Coustom MTK Flash", choosed "VIA SATA RAID Controller" and cliked on the "Prepare Drive Button".

Afterwards I HexEdited the MTKflash.exe, went to Line b3d and got that "0611 4931 f001 7001 "

Then I wanted to check it for myself. So I tried the way it is explained over here http://www.360mods.n.../Samsungv41.pdf

"1106 3149" "BC00 C400"

change to

"0611 4931" "00BC 00C4"

But the underlined Part is not the same as I would do it totaly manual.

I am a little bit confused right now...

so my Questions are,

1) Maybe you can integrade another (second/additional) way to grab the needed Information from MSInfo32.exe for the "Detect ID/IO".

2) Maybe you can integrade a RESULT message about chosen the right Chipset and about entering the correct HexEdit which can be considered for the Typ of Chipset.
Or simply something like a "YOU HAVE DONE ALL WELL" Button tongue.gif

Sorry for writing such a bad english, it is not my native language.

Thank you very much so far,

skx =)

#11 psxpirate1

psxpirate1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:28 AM

Problem "solved"
I installed a fresh copy of XP on another hard drive and it's now again detected. Went without a hitch. Thanks for your input on the matter.

#12 slimgrip

slimgrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Interests:NorthWest UK's Premiere 360 Modding Service
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

Great release Klutsh

Makes life so much simpler