1 reply to this topic

#1 ajfahmi

ajfahmi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:09 PM

hay guys .. iv been searching and trying to make 360 games region free

maybe by dvd bios or some ic in mother board , but i was thinking about the .xex and the files in the dvd
so there is region free and locked regions games , so the region is determend by the game or by the files in the dvd .
so one of the games i have if fifa wrold cup to germany and i fount a text file called (version.txt) and .ini called (locale.ini)

the text file containe : 83078NTSC_EnEs
the ini file containe :
[LOCALE]
SKU=NTSC_EnEs
DEFAULT_LANGUAGE = eng,us
AVAILABLE_LANG_1 = eng,us
AVAILABLE_LANG_2 = spa,mx

so thats make me sure that 80% that the dvd is controlling the region

what im thinking of is to have 2 version of the same game example : fifa ntsc / fifa pal ... and to be region locked

open .xex by editor and compare the files ( i tried to use the microsoft express studio beta ) told me to change editor
after finding the controlling command for the region we can fined a way to releas patches for ntsc and pal ...
and it will be alot easier than finding a way to make the 360 hardware region free

my problem is that my comuter is a bit old and i dont have a pal version of fifa
any recomindation of what editor can be used for .xex
if any body can help with this it will be great

Edited by ajfahmi, 17 October 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#2 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:17 PM

You make a single change to the .xex file you break the sig/

You break the sig the game wont boot.

Taking time to search and read would have told you this and saved you some speculation.

To summarise.. No it wont work, its not that simple and if it was dont you think it would have been done by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users