Photo

? Possible To Format/access F Partition With Specified Specs.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 baller_on_24z

baller_on_24z

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

Ok so i wanna unlock the rest of my ORIGINAL xbox harddisk, prefferably on the F partition.. I've read about ppl doin it with modchips, but not about with juz a softmod. blink.gif is it possible, and if so, can you point me to a link to help me do it? uhh.gif

#2 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:58 PM

Yes its possible. You can do it using Evox as long as you have the seagate drive. All you do is temporarly replace or edit the evox.ini file and it will give you the option to format F partition. I think you can get a copy of the edited evox.ini off from the usual places or just do a search on it and I'm sure you'll find what you need.

**edit**

I think this is what you need to add to the evox.ini file. Been a long time since I did this so I'm not 100% on it

[Menu]

Section "Root"
{
Item "MS Dashboard",ID_MS_Dash
Item "Reboot",ID_Quick_Reboot
Item "Power Off",ID_Power_Off
Item "Format F:",@210

}

[Action_10]

Info "Format F"
Warning "This will format F"
Progress "Formatting F"
#
# This will format F:\
#
Format f:

Edited by sabbath_dude, 18 October 2006 - 11:03 PM.

#3 baller_on_24z

baller_on_24z

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:34 PM

idk if i have a seagate or not. my model numba iz WDC WD80EB-28CGH2. is that a seagate? if it iz, imma format it to get more space! i hope?

#4 xbox modder 222

xbox modder 222

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:44 PM

hate to burst ur bubble but that looks like a Western Digital by the serial number, idk though, does ur hdd have a black rubber sleeve on it or is it white and skinny? if so then its a Seagate if not it seem like u have a WD from that serial number hope this helps...

#5 baller_on_24z

baller_on_24z

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:55 PM

Well i got to lookin and found it it is infact a Western Digital. I haven't even opened my xbox, so i couldn't had found out by that method. So lemme guess, i cant unlock my F partition (or format it or whatever, juz to get more space)? wow this sux. im poor, so i cant get a new hd yet.

#6 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:59 AM

Yeah sadly you've got the 8Gb Western Digital drive in your box which is 2Gb smaller than the Seagate. If you're tight for cash but want a bigger hd then go on eBay. What I do is look for hds in the search then select it to show me all items within a 25mile radius. Usually I'll find a load used 40Gb+ drives for hardly any money and since they're so close to my house I just pick em up and save on postage biggrin.gif .

#7 Elusid

Elusid

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:05 PM

Also newegg has a 80GB HDD for 40$ which is nice biggrin.gif I just ordered it for my new PC I'm building (budget OCing project)

#8 baller_on_24z

baller_on_24z

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

well dat sounds good. imma probably go to newegg, seeing how i trust it more. but yea. ok so i got the xboxhdm. iz it easy to use, and for that matter, as long as you have the xbox harddrive backed up, iz it foolproof from there (not including choosing the wrong drive, and i have the eeprom & hdkey n stuff)???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users