s10blazed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:43 PM

I've been searching around and communicating with a few folks around the boards trying to figure this out but I feel I am getting no where. Here is my situation:

I have a Hitachi 59DJ that I flashed with the X360USB using the Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_2_Stealth firmware. I used the flash15s.bat X #### and all went well. I re-assembled the Xbox and it works with origionals no problem.

So then I go to backup my games. I have a Samsung D162C with Kreon .81. I also have a Pioneer DVR-111D with Verbatim media. I started off using Xbox Backup Creator 2.1 (newest version at the time). I ripped my Madden disc with no problems but ran into some trouble burning the disc with XBC so I used ImgBurn as suggested in one of the threads. The first try I loaded the ISO file without loading the layer info and ended up with a coaster. The next time I loaded the .dvd file and it works fine. This disc boots in the Xbox and plays great. No noise, no skipping - perfect! (Note, at the time, my Pioneer drive was stock 1.23 firmware)

So I go to backup another one of my games using the same method and it doesn't work. Confused, I flashed the Pioneer to the newest version and tried again. DUD. Doing a few repeats I ended up with more coasters. I always burn on the slowest speed and have nothing else going on at the time I burn them. So seeking help I updated XBC to 2.2 and re-flashed all my drives. I even did a fresh install of Windows XP (I was using 2000 previously) and still none of my discs work. Now I am able to burn with XBC but still get none working discs. I even tried to do it manually how the README states in the Xbox firmware package. I can follow instructions - but apparently something else is wrong here. DVDInfo on each of my coasters seems correct. My 1 disc that works has similar settings also. I have since even tried my other game with the same results.

What am I doing wrong? What should I check to verify my settings? What could possibly be defective? When I load in a bad game, the xbox sits and reads it for about 30 seconds then says "Open tray" where it would usually say play game.

I'm lost here...

#2 s10blazed

s10blazed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:07 AM

I have actually found a way to fix this! in this thread: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=550832

I did this little trick and EVERY disc I back up'd works now!! EVERY FREAKING ONE! I encourage anyone with the Open Tray message when running a backup to try it. This particular one was for the Hitachi's but there is a similar one for Samsungs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users