1 reply to this topic

#1 LivinLOS

LivinLOS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:28 AM

Hi,

Apologies if this isnt the best forum for this Q.. Theres lots on here..

I am based in Thailand.. 360's here are costing a LOT.. >600 USD for the premium console pack and I have seen some games asking >110 USD for the legit game (PD) !! Thats in a country where people can be on 100 USD per month salary !!

Anyway 2 buddies both have unchipped and unflashed xbox 360's.. they are both purchased in SE Asia and one is Jap one is HK sourced (unsure of region). We have copy games for sale locally in stores and pre flashed consoles.. I am guessing these are copy Japanese games.. Cant really find out yet.

I can get a mate to bring a US purchased machine over and was thinking of firmware flashing it for backup use but. If the backups here are made from a Japanese source some games wont run on a US system even if flashed correct ?? What kind of % of jap sourced games wont run on a US purchased box ?? Any top titles to be aware of ??

I can save money on the system itself but if I cannot get any games here (and mail order is impossible.. They steal mail and I get hit 39 % import duty on DVD's.. Just becomes impossible) then its false economy.

The whole game region issue really complicates matters..

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:45 AM

Xbox-scene is not here to help you buy pirate games. Period.

We don't care where you're from. Don't bring it here.

Edited by Xombe, 19 October 2006 - 08:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users