60 replies to this topic

#1 Falsely Accused

Falsely Accused

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:00 AM

Ok this is kinda weird. Today I bought 2 new games Splinter cell and Tiger Woods07. Popped in Splinter cell and no problems. Popped in tiger (BRAND NEW GAME NOT BACKUP) and it reads please insert this disc into a xbox360 for it to play. Somthing along those lines anyway. My backups still work. Just seams a little weird to me. Im hoping its just a flakey disc, but m$ just did and update so I thought I better post.
Any Thoughts.

#2 Spanisharem

Spanisharem

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(Falsely Accused @ Oct 19 2006, 04:07 AM) View Post

Ok this is kinda weird. Today I bought 2 new games Splinter cell and Tiger Woods07. Popped in Splinter cell and no problems. Popped in tiger (BRAND NEW GAME NOT BACKUP) and it reads please insert this disc into a xbox360 for it to play. Somthing along those lines anyway. My backups still work. Just seams a little weird to me. Im hoping its just a flakey disc, but m$ just did and update so I thought I better post.
Any Thoughts.

Finally......i saw one other guy who had the same problem as I did. "A Post in the Xbox 360 games Tiger Woods 06 forum" ...there is NO Tiger Woods 07 forum as of yet.
I actually purchased the same 2 games...SAME EXACT SCENARIO Splinter Cell.D A=FINE. Tiger Woods 07 = "To play this game please put it in a xbox 360 console!" I quickly took my copy of Tiger Woods back 2 EB games (SC)for exchange. I then went to the trouble of asking the employee to test the new/exchange copy on they're in store console, so i would'nt have to go through this again. It BOOTED fine !! I got home to play this second copy...same message ! Instantly.
I dont think this is any longer speculation......SOME companies might be putting in checksum files for firmware in the Game disc, and wrong Firmware= NO New BIG Games ! This might be the easiest way for them to get us. (I honestly thought it would have been Splinter Cell though) THINK.........GEARS OF WAR + flashed firmware= cant play(speculation). Personally i'm prepared to wait and see what happens, but if this is a sign of things to come, I'm not mad ,I saw it coming and I would Def. buy a second core console for WORRY FREE live gaming , Gears of War, and the many GEMS coming in the next few months.
P.s. I have a (launch day)0047DJ hitachi flashed 360. I haven't been back on Xbox live since the downtime either...I dont plan to either for awhile.
Any one else having problems with original copies of Tiger Woods 07 on flashed firmware ....Please speak up.

Edited by Spanisharem, 19 October 2006 - 09:27 AM.

#3 Tommydukes

Tommydukes

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:50 AM

What firmware are you guys running? Im guessing 4.1 due to the fact that you havent spoken up about upgradeing

#4 Mongolive

Mongolive

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:52 AM

LOL.......c'mon people - stop blaming everything on those flashed firmwares!
Just two points:

Point 1:
I dont think this is any longer speculation......SOME companies might be putting in checksum files for firmware in the Game disc, and wrong Firmware= NO New BIG Games ! This might be the easiest way for them to get us.

Why do you think C4E and GaryOpa put so much work into a thing called "STEALTH" ?! Especially "Firmware STEALTH" ?!

Point 2:
IF.....I mean...........really IF......the FW is to blame for that, noone forced you to flash your Drive!

It's no more fun when every second answer the last days was "OMG, I GOT BANNED! MS GOT US! WTF OMG! BLOODY FIRMWARE!" .......bla

Thanks

#5 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:20 AM

The discs will be defective, that is all.

#6 Spanisharem

Spanisharem

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE(Mongolive @ Oct 19 2006, 05:59 AM) View Post

LOL.......c'mon people - stop blaming everything on those flashed firmwares!
Just two points:

Point 1:

Why do you think C4E and GaryOpa put so much work into a thing called "STEALTH" ?! Especially "Firmware STEALTH" ?!

Point 2:
IF.....I mean...........really IF......the FW is to blame for that, noone forced you to flash your Drive!

It's no more fun when every second answer the last days was "OMG, I GOT BANNED! MS GOT US! WTF OMG! BLOODY FIRMWARE!" .......bla

Thanks

I swear some of the people on here are strictly looking to talk shit...how old are you? sleeping.gif
Read my post......I was aware of the consequences....i am prepared to do what is needed.
I NEVER said i was banned. as a matter of fact as of now. I can currently still play all my backups and originals online. Tiger Woods simply posed a different kind of threat that i thought was worth discussion.

How many people have posted about original games not working on flashed firmware, but backups will?

point 1: I Do have stealth firmware, i dont think I have media stealth....Hitachi 00047J blink.gif

point 2: ............Huh, was I bitching ?I thought i was informing ? Lay off the caffeine, man.

Its allright cool.gif

All I really wanna know is if anyone else experienced the same problem.

QUOTE(Spark @ Oct 19 2006, 06:27 AM) View Post

The discs will be defective, that is all.

I would like to think the same thing , but I had the EB sales guy try my 2nd one on they're own IN STORE system, and it booted fine.

#7 Mongolive

Mongolive

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:15 PM

I never dared you to flame me dude, so why do you?

I NEVER said i was banned

I neither did, instead I said
It's no more fun when every second answer the last days was "OMG, I GOT BANNED! MS GOT US!(...)

So before asking me how old I am, I should ask you if you're old enough to read.

Now please back to topic.....thank you

#8 Kurto2021

Kurto2021

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

I am siding with Spanish on this. He was just pointing out a game that he has that isn't working to get a feel if others are having the same issue.

It is an EA game and EA is known for usually being the first to try and counter modders.

#9 nu1mlock

nu1mlock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:50 PM

Strange.. A friend of mine backed up his copy of Tiger Woods 07 and it worked fine when we played it. I haven't asked him about his retail-copy though, but I think that one worked too - atleast it should (would've been strange if the backup did but the original didn't).

#10 zendez33

zendez33

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

I am the one who posted over in the Tiger Woods 06 forum...I also cant get this game to boot either. I just get this error "To play this disc, put it in the xbox 360 console" ...I too have a launch day flashed Hitachi

#11 custom_1

custom_1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:29 PM

maybe your laser is dying/needs to be adjusted. Read a tut on the pot if you have the ability to adjust it.

#12 Kramer987

Kramer987

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:i love to mod :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:36 PM

EA is known to cause problems. tiger on regular xbox doesnt work either unless you get the correct region, even though the xbox is region free. nba live doesnt work from the xbox HDD unless you trick it, though it work sfine if burned. its def a mod issue in my opinion, except this time the mod is causing the retail game to not work instead of vice versa.

#13 calvin940

calvin940

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:44 PM

I believe this is likely to be a laser read issue rather than a FW issue. Your laser is dying I believe or has popped a bit of it's operating range. I would suggest a look at the pot tweaking tutorial. We would have definitely seen a flurry of posts about this game having problems with hacked FW a long time ago (not just two people).

For the moment, I think it's safe to call it laser operating issue.

Cal

Edited by calvin940, 19 October 2006 - 02:03 PM.

#14 zendez33

zendez33

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:50 PM

I might give the pot tutorial a shot this afternoon ....

#15 Kramer987

Kramer987

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:i love to mod :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:21 PM

ye i think calvin is right. i wouldnt go with the pot tutorial though. try one of those plastic clip fixes or rubberband fixes first. they seem safer tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users