Draeconix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:38 PM

Slashdot is reporting that Universal and Fox have both pulled out of the Halo Movie. Apparently they thought the 200 million dollar budget was too much of a risk to take with an untried director and the track record of video games adapted to movies, Doom, Bloodrayne, Mortal Kombat, etc. but where would we be without taking some risks, plus I think it is a good thing that it isn't being directed by Uwe Bolle (sp?). I think they thought that they could get a movie made for say 60 mil and then make 200 mil off of it. Hollywood execs are missing the boat on this particular movie adaptation. When I look at Halo I see tons of stories that even if they don't lend themselves to being individual movies surely you could put them into one movie. That said, many of of the comments regarding the article claim that Hollywood made a smart move by pulling out but I think that they are missing a golden oppurtunity here. What do you think?

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(Draeconix @ Oct 20 2006, 10:45 AM) View Post

Apparently they thought the 200 million dollar budget was too much of a risk to take with an untried director and the track record of video games adapted to movies, Doom, Bloodrayne, Mortal Kombat, etc.

one of these isn't quite like the others wink.gif MK and doom where great. bloodrayne i haven't seen, but being a uwe bol movie... i have my guess on quality or lack there of. its definately a shame that this movie isn't going to happen.

#3 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:01 PM

M$ should just buy Hollywood.

#4 Makeshift420

Makeshift420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Music, Xbox, Movies, All the normal stuff :P
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 October 2006 - 05:34 AM

Ahaha, i bet bill gates has already had that thought go through his head once or twice before already.

Microsoft have said that Peter jackson and the other producer aren't backing out. During filming LOTR they used jackson's private producing studio (i dont know what its called lol) to finish the film. Imagine how much better it's gotten now.

Halo will come out.

#5 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Oct 20 2006, 12:10 PM) View Post

one of these isn't quite like the others wink.gif MK and doom where great. bloodrayne i haven't seen, but being a uwe bol movie... i have my guess on quality or lack there of. its definately a shame that this movie isn't going to happen.

The first half of Bloodrayne was, for a Uwe Bolle movie, supprisingly good. (Keep in mind, thats relative to the OTHER movies hes made). However, AFTER the gratuitous sex scene it just all went down hill... I'm sure you can imagine... Its sad to, I LOVED that game...

They'll make a Halo, and I'd bet money the movie itself will suck to us. Because as video gamers we expect to see the same kind of thing in the movie that we do in the game, however, a director doesnt make a video game, he's making a movie, so it just never winds up being what we expect or want. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users