1 reply to this topic

#1 kjmc

kjmc

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 01:17 PM

I soldered in the matrix by removing the pogos and attaching leads using a male/female connector to attach it to xbox leads. I flashed the chip with winLPC on XP with D6 Blue, the programmer is recognized and programs the chip and verifies, I assume when it says verification 'Done' that it was successful. But when I put it in and turned the matrix on(solid green led), the screen was still green, is it very different from the green or only a slight difference that my crappy screen would mess with.
I had previously had another bios on there but my Evo-X disc wasn't being recognized. I was gonna try with a brand new CDRW but I flashed it with the blue bios first to make sure there wasn't another problem. There are no shorts, I don't have a top of the line meter but it shows ~.4 ohms, which is what I get when I cross the leads, from the MB LPC holes to the traces on the chip, I think the solder joints on the MB are good too.
With the chip on would the xbox even boot since d0 is supposed to disable the onboard bios(is that right?). Any suggestions?

#2 VvBroncovV

VvBroncovV

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 08:21 PM

I have Matrix modchip flashed with xecutor2 bios...if you have a v1 xbox and the matrix is flashing green you should be ok....if you have a v1.1 and the matrix is flashing green that doesnt necessarily mean the matrix is properly aligned. I found that filling the d0 with a little solder helped with alignment even though i didnt get a green light in mode 1....i switched to mode 2 and was able to boot games and backups.

make sure matrix is aligned, the xbox bios will still boot even though the matrix is on...but again if its not aligned it wont boot any backup or unsigned code.

hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users