#1 ISOmaniac29

ISOmaniac29

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:48 AM

alright i put in my 80mm thermaltake smart case fan II and my 30mm fan on the heatsink of the nivida gpu

now heres the thing i was reading around about 1.6 consoles and they say the readings are messed up so if i have a 1.6b do i have this problem?

because my temps still start at 4.0 and then jump to 64c
but the wierd thing is im not so sure because

my hdd said 45c before and now its 25c
so perhaps i need to redo the installation?

or are the temps just messed up for the chipset and cpu?

note: i also took it apart after awhile of playing and the heatsinks were barly warm i would think if they were really 64c they would burn like no other right? or atleast feel like they were going to burn?

thanks again for all your great support

Edited by ISOmaniac29, 21 October 2006 - 08:50 AM.

#2 philmccan

philmccan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:56 AM

What dashboard are you running? I have heard that the newer xbmc reports correct temps on 1.6 box's. I have a 1.6 but have not tried the newer xbmc on it due to the fact I maxed my cooling by installing a intake and out take fans, 2 iceberg 4 pro for cpu and gpu along with arctic silver 5. So I'm sure my true temps are really low.

#3 ISOmaniac29

ISOmaniac29

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE(philmccan @ Oct 21 2006, 11:03 AM) View Post

What dashboard are you running? I have heard that the newer xbmc reports correct temps on 1.6 box's. I have a 1.6 but have not tried the newer xbmc on it due to the fact I maxed my cooling by installing a intake and out take fans, 2 iceberg 4 pro for cpu and gpu along with arctic silver 5. So I'm sure my true temps are really low.

you can use that on there how the hell did you get it to fit? i thought of things like this as i noticed
its more of a pc then anything

and i use all kinds of cooling metods on my pc from water to normal stock fan to crazy delta fans
but i noticed the xbox XCM case i have lacks something called room sad.gif once i put the hdd trey and hdd trey in with them hell i had a hard enough time trying to get an 80mm in there as it was.... sad.gif

but ive been using slayers since i had a 1.5 board it was slayers 2.5 back then and once my old one died i used on the 1.6 board the slayers 2.6 pack so thats what i got now

so your saying its the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users