#1 havok777

havok777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

Well I have a softmodded xbox not sure what version, or who created it but It is softmodded with Unleash X. My question is How do you know if you softmod is up to date? and if it isnt How do u update? Do i have 2 re-softmod it? Because I am not sure and Id like 2 have my hard drive up 2 date before I clone it onto a larger hard drive. Also I got the Files off of AR, and used SC for the exploit if thats any help.

Ps. I hear alot Of people talking about the eeprom.bin Exactly How do I back this up? I probably should do that before any upgrade tongue.gif.

Edited by havok777, 21 October 2006 - 06:39 PM.

#2 havok777

havok777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:03 PM

Well its me again the big old noob tongue.gif But im asuming backing up the eeprom is VERY important so Can someone tell me how before something happens 2 my xbox ty:D.

Ps: I use Unleash X and when I hit the Eject Tray button it brings up softmod options like Install Unleash or evox, Back up softmod and stuff like that

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:10 PM

Topics merged> keep this all in one thread. You can use config magic to backup you eeprom. You then need to copy it to your PC so its safe. The original backup will be in a folder on the Xbox called back up once you have used the backup option.

Edited by Chancer, 21 October 2006 - 07:12 PM.

#4 the guy who

the guy who

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:41 PM

Well first of all, just find the latest version of your softmod. For me I just use Softmod Installer Deluxe 4.5 Knaves which is the latest for the SID type. It comes with Auto Installer Deluxe whcih I think is the best. As for the eeprom you can use evox too.

#5 havok777

havok777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:14 PM

lol im not sure what softmod installer I used I just got a random one off of AR

PS. This is just a little thing thats been bugging me, when i visit certain threads on the forum my anti virus pops up saying theres an intrusion by the site basically. Can anyone tell me why the site is trying 2 access my computer.

Edited by havok777, 22 October 2006 - 12:18 PM.

#6 havok777

havok777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:37 PM

PS. For Backing up my eeprom when turning on my xbox with the Eject button I am given the option 2 back up my softmod is that what I want 2 do? Back up the softmod and ftp a copy of the eeprom 2 my computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users