2 replies to this topic

#1 dimfil

dimfil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:25 AM

Hello people.
Please help, as I could't find any clear information on that.

I own an Xbox360 with a hitachi 59dj. What I don't own is a PC with a SATA interface!
Can I flash my Xbox360's drive using the Xecuter X360 USB on my laptop? My intentions are to use the Maximus_garyOPA_2-2.
Are there any reports of succesfull flash using the combination Maximus_garyOPA/Hitachi/XecuterX360USB?

Thank you in advance people.
Please forgive me if this information is written somewhere else in the forums. Just give a link if so. I couldn't find it because I'm new to the forum and not so familiar with it.

#2 dimfil

dimfil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:20 PM

No replys here by anyone for sometime, so I took my chances and ordered the Xecuter X360 USB.

Following this excellent tutorial I just flashed my Hitachi 59DJ (I don't know how to tell if it is a 59DJa or 59DJb) with Maximus_Garyopa v2.3.
My drive was recognized by windows (XP PRO) immediately and assigned a letter to it without an extra action needed from me. The flashing went through with no errors at all!!!

I proceeded making a backup of my original Call of Duty 2. Everything well too and my backup played with no problems. The image was burned using CloneCD on an external usb2 LG recorder and a Verbatim disk.

Thank you everybody for the information written on forums, which gave me the confidence to proceed with flashing on my laptop. Great work by everyone here in the community.

One last question though...
I tried to load my friend's NBA LIVE 07 original disk. The game asks me to do an update on my XBox before loading. Do you know anything about that update? Does it have anything to do with the firmware? Can I do it without having problems with my backups?

Thank you in advance.
edit My current dashboard is 2.0.2258.0

Edited by dimfil, 26 October 2006 - 01:38 PM.

#3 Daxcious

Daxcious

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(dimfil @ Oct 26 2006, 07:27 AM) View Post

No replys here by anyone for sometime, so I took my chances and ordered the Xecuter X360 USB.

Following this excellent tutorial I just flashed my Hitachi 59DJ (I don't know how to tell if it is a 59DJa or 59DJb) with Maximus_Garyopa v2.3.
My drive was recognized by windows (XP PRO) immediately and assigned a letter to it without an extra action needed from me. The flashing went through with no errors at all!!!

I proceeded making a backup of my original Call of Duty 2. Everything well too and my backup played with no problems. The image was burned using CloneCD on an external usb2 LG recorder and a Verbatim disk.

Thank you everybody for the information written on forums, which gave me the confidence to proceed with flashing on my laptop. Great work by everyone here in the community.

One last question though...
I tried to load my friend's NBA LIVE 07 original disk. The game asks me to do an update on my XBox before loading. Do you know anything about that update? Does it have anything to do with the firmware? Can I do it without having problems with my backups?

Thank you in advance.

Some games have updates when you first load them. You can go ahead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users