#1 DOOBIOUS

DOOBIOUS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:18 PM

I followed these instructions...

In Windows, copy orig.bin to same directory as this release (same directory as xtrem41a.bin/Xtreme41b.bin and X360SAM.exe)

Double click "Make X41a.bin" or "Make X41b.bin" to create x41a.bin (Xtreme4.1A firmware with your key from orig.bin) or x41b.bin (Xtreme4.1B firmware with your key from orig.bin).

Copy x41a.bin or x41b.bin to boot disk

Where's the created file? When I hit the "Make X41b.bin" file, all I see is a msdos screen flash. What happened? Am I doing something wrong here? Man do I feel like I just smoked a fat blunt! Any help would be appreciated.

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:25 PM

It will generate the file and it should be the last file in the list (unless you refresh or go out of the folder then back in). The file you need is .bin, the others that you click to generate are .bat or .exe (Not .bin).

#3 DOOBIOUS

DOOBIOUS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Oct 23 2006, 08:32 PM) View Post

It will generate the file and it should be the last file in the list (unless you refresh or go out of the folder then back in). The file you need is .bin, the others that you click to generate are .bat or .exe (Not .bin).

Well I checked and I don't see the file nowhere. The .rar file already had a xtrem41a.bin and xtrem41b.bin file in there. I assumed that it couldn't be it. Is it that? Do I just rename the file to make it x41a.bin or does it suppose to be created automatically. WTF?

#4 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:49 PM

If you actually type "CMD" in the windows Strat -> Run

It will give you the DOS command prompt. Run the .bat file from there by typing its name and you will actually see what is happening intead of just a flash..

Other useful DOS commands:

cd XXXX - change directory to xxxx
cd .. - go back one directory level
dir - directory listing

#5 DOOBIOUS

DOOBIOUS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:56 PM

I'm getting real tired. I keep reading this forum and doing searches for someone with a similar problem and I'm not getting any help. I have no idea what is going on. I've clicked that "Make X41b.bin" icon at least 50 times and nothing. All that happens is the MSDOS screen flashes and that's it. No new file, no idea of any changes to existing files, nothing! I don't see a .bat file except in the stealth folders. The Xtreme folder I'm using consists of Enable0800.iso, Make X41a.bin, Make X41b.bin, xtrem41a.bin, xtrem41b.bin, X360SAM.EXE, ReadMe.txt, my BACKUP.BIN file and a Xbox 1 Stealth folder and a Xbox 360 Stealth folder. That's it. I've read the entire readme file a thousand times thinking I missed something. What is going on?

Edited by DOOBIOUS, 23 October 2006 - 09:00 PM.

#6 DOOBIOUS

DOOBIOUS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

GOT IT! I renamed the "BACKUP.BIN" file to "ORIG.BIN" and viloa!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users