4 replies to this topic

#1 spifflink

spifflink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:30 PM

ok so i just successfully installed my ssmartxx v3 chip and i started it up. I backed up the eeprom onto the chip and i am now attempting to connect it to my Mac(and Virtual PC, which shares connections when i need to use windows). I set up the network according to these instructions: smart xx forums with a crossover cable from my Mac to the xbox. I am also connected to the internet via airport. Nothing I do will bring up the ip address of the xbox, however when i plugged the computer into the ethernet the network info on the bottom of the screen went from red to white. I am using the default bios that is first on the smartxx v3 chip when you start it up. i would put something else on there, but i can't connect! dry.gif anyone have any advice?? thanks

cheers

#2 spifflink

spifflink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:15 AM

is it not connecting because it can't ftp without ed@chip? i tried using the linux install disc that came with the chip but it didnt work. maybe i can install something like avalaunch and use its networking? i hear it has wonderful mac compatibility smile.gif . how would i go about putting that on there without a network connection though?

cheers again

Edited by spifflink, 24 October 2006 - 04:16 AM.

#3 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:27 AM

Either disable airport temporarilly or make sure ethernet is higher up in your network configuration list... Otherwise it'll always just look on your airport connection for the IP you enter.

Once you do that, put the xbox's IP address in a web browser (Safari or Firefox should be fine). You should get a smartxx flash page. Use that to flash ed @ chip to the smartxx.

Once you flash that, load up ed @ chip.. Then you should be able to FTP in and transfer a dashboard. After that, reboot to the smartxx os and flash a hacked bios. Then you'll be good to go wink.gif

#4 spifflink

spifflink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:49 AM

well, an improvement. it times out instead of telling me it doesnt exist. i am not sure why this isnt working. mac -> crossover cable -> smartxx'ed xbox. it should just work! thanks though biggrin.gif . hmmm...this is a bit perplexing.

#5 spifflink

spifflink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

has anyone ever networked with a usb cable? my chip came with a usb adapter. grr, i wish i could just this to work. it wouldnt recognize it on the windows side either!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users