Photo

Dead Rising Problem With Hard Drive Attached!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vectorz

vectorz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:55 AM

I'm using 2.2 of the firmware for my Hitachi-LG 46DH. Dead Rising runs up until you enter the plaza in the helicopter, and when it tries to load the first playable level, it just stays at the loading screen. It's not frozen, because I can eject and go back to the dashboard.

So after a search, I found that if I remove the hard drive it'll load the playable level just fine. But as soon as I put the hard drive back on, same issue. Anyone know what I can do to resolve this (without having to wipe out reset the hard drive)?

Edited by vectorz, 24 October 2006 - 05:00 AM.

#2 haloskinner

haloskinner

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:30 AM

The best thing to do when you have problems with dead rising is to backup all you saves and stuff from your hd then format it on 360 dash.

#3 rapstrike69

rapstrike69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:56 PM

I have this same problem but not with Dead Rising, but with Tiger Woods 07. It freezes but allows the guide button and dash to work. If i play without the harddrive then no problems.

#4 headworx

headworx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:11 PM

Apparently theres plenty of peeps having problems with this game crashing, i think it was originally reported as some kind of in game protection but i think thats bull.

Mine now crashes when im going from the shopping mall into the park; i just get a black screen.

I've read that its a problem with the cache on the hard disk and clearing the cache should fix it (I've tried this but it aint fixed my problem)

To clear the cache theres 2 methods.

1)Reset the console (i just sitched mine on) and hold the 'A' button down. This apparently clears the cache for that game thats in the drive at the time.

2)Another way is go to System in the dashboard, select Memory, Press 'Y' on the hard drive selection and press 'X' 'X' 'left bumper' 'right bumper' X' 'X'

It should then ask if you want to perform maintenance on your hard disk. Select yes.

As i say didnt work for me but might sort you guys out.

Ive also read that it mainly only crashes on wireless controllers, i tried using wired throught the charge and play kit but this didnt work either.

When i figure how to copy all my saves off the hard drive im gonna try a format. Good luck!!

#5 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:01 AM

to solve this, just play like 5+ other 360 games, this will overwrite the corrupt dead rising data and you wont have the infinite loading screen problem anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users