4 replies to this topic

#1 dbl

dbl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:01 AM

Hey everybody!

I have done a couple of flashes @ Hitachi drives now with this "Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_2_Stealth" using the command, flash15s.bat

But yesterday something fucked up did go through, im using the connectivitiy kit v2 from team xecuter.

Flash went fine, 100%... It's a Hitachi V47 DH...

Then i put everything back in the 360, when i did power on the box, i cant eject the damn tray.
The green light just blinks one time when eject is pressed. Atleast the 360 works.

Ok, then i tried this eject double trick or what its called, didnt work,.. so i took the drive to the PC again, for trying to restore it... It worked, then i flashed it again.

When i did that, it failed at some point.. I think it was 1 of the 10 steps.. anyway.. i ran the restore.bat.

It can't restore the drive at all the 10 steps, sometimes when u the restore.bat its failing at like the same things.. "Tray Twek" / "ModeB" / ...and so further.. with the message "DeviceIOfailed .... "
and other times when u run it u can get all 9 steps restored but not the LAST one.

The drive is working in XP, i can see it, i tried a Audio CD in it, and that works perfect, i can eject the drive using "Eject"-function in XP..... So its not DEAD yet really.

I dont know what to fcking do more, can somebody PLEASE help me out, and this is quick, cuz it's my friends 360 hehe... i got the key files and everything from the first flash, and from the other one.. did a rar of them both (seperated) wink.gif

Aight ppl, time to think now hehe.. the connectivity kit hasnt touched the chassi of the comp or anything like that.

THANKS in Advance!

Edited by dbl, 24 October 2006 - 07:03 AM.

#2 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:33 AM

You didnt by chance put the connectivitiy kit in backwards, did you?

Caster.

#3 dbl

dbl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

No i dont think so, because im always doing those things carefully. could it be that the kits eject button is broke and the drive is stuck in mode b. Because its working in xp, and ejects. Thanks for the help man

#4 calvin940

calvin940

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(dbl @ Oct 24 2006, 09:14 AM) View Post

No i dont think so, because im always doing those things carefully. could it be that the kits eject button is broke and the drive is stuck in mode b. Because its working in xp, and ejects. Thanks for the help man

I don't think it's the button that is broken. This scenario sounds waaay familiar and common to people that have either held the wires across the pins too long when putting the drive into mode b (using the shorting-wire method), or people that have plugged in the connector wrong. But again, I defer to the Hitachi experts as I have almost no Hitachi experience.

Cal

#5 dbl

dbl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

Hmm, i really dont give up on this.

Now from another comp i have got a 100% successfull RESTORE, with no points failing. Ok.

So i took the drive and put it back in the 360, now im getting a blinkin green light like when u put the tray back in... but i can't eject it out. hmm. they light just keep blinkin.

Now i downloaded the newest maximus and garyopa 2.3 stealth pack, and did a flash23s instead of the flash16s,...

I dont seems like the drive is bricked, more like it lost its key or something like that?! Can anyone help me with this to get the key out of the drive and check if its the same as the original key? If thats the possible thing maybe.... ? I dont know, just wanna get this fucking shit working :/

im glad for all answers given to this, peace! (sorry for my poor english, and its cuz im angry too sad.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users