• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tido

tido

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:33 AM

I have had this problem for almost 4 months now and I have been back and forth over the internet doing as much reading as I could to try and sort it out but I am failing miserably sad.gif

I upgraded my computer to MCE 2005 from XP (clean install) so that I could hook up my Xbox 360 and play films from my computer on the TV in the lounge, I ran through all the instructions and as soon as I tried to run the software to connect to my Xbox, my PC crashed. mad.gif

So I ran through every thread I could find on the subject, I removed net framework 1.1 and ran the clean up tool, I opened fast switching etc opened up all the ports basically everything I could find or everything Aaron Stebner wrote. I posted numerous threads on the Xbox forum to which no one replied. I finally got a response from Aaron who told me to extract the extender and install each component individually. I did this and managed to install most of the components, I now have extender resource manager, and the extender file sharing on my computer but as soon as I try to run the set up to connect to my Xbox it crashes again. I have set up the file sharing programme to allow my 360 to connect to my PC and I even had a little balloon pop up to say I have an Xbox connected to my PC. But when I click on the icon to run the setup it just crashes again.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help, I feel like I have wasted loads of money and time on something I still canít use.

I am using Media Centre 2005 service pack 2 with roll update 2 and all the net frameworks 1.0, 1.1 & 2.0 etc.
I have a wired connection from my pc to my Netgear DG834G v3 wireless router, and this is wired to my Xbox 360.

#2 tido

tido

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:32 PM

Can no one out there help??? sad.gif

#3 MaxP

MaxP

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:06 PM

ekkk that sounds a bit of a ball ache.....
im not sure even where to start....

i have performed this install more than a few times since i got my 360 and i cant say ive ever had any issues.
you have to think that the applications will run on your PC totaly independant of your 360, so you can rule out the 360 striaght away.
this is going to leave either an issue with the application/install file itself or maybe a bigger issues with your pc.

so you need to think...

do you get a specific error message when the app crashes ?
does just the app crash or the whole pc ?
are you seeing any pc issues else where for instance with different applications ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users