2 replies to this topic

#1 gigab

gigab

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:48 AM

Ok, I've got the chip installed, wires are all in and the blue light is on. I boot up the xbox and first thing goes to the page where I select if I want to flash off the dvd drive / hdd / unlock hdd / lock hdd. I choose to flash off the dvd. I'm using the M8_plus_16.bin file and it tells me that it's an unknown flash! halting. I then tried a zillion other bioses as well all with the same result. I have another working v 1.0 xbox w/a matrix in it that works just dandy but this is for a friend. I've used a spiderchip before in a 1.6 and it flashed just fine. Any suggestions? I've also brought the hdd from my xbox to his xbox and chose to flash from hdd and did the m8_plus_16.bin bios and it still says unknown flash. It's starting to bug the heck out of me and I just might have a beer now. So, please, if you can think of anything... HELP! smile.gif

#2 gigab

gigab

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:25 PM

In addition, I'd like to say that per the visual check of a spiderchip v1.0 and v1.1 I have a v1.1 (the on/off connector is loaded from the side vs the top) and when I get the chip to boot up to where I have to flash, it displays spiderchip v1.0. If I hook up the wires to the xbox using the 1.0 way (the D and E wire are overlapped to go into the holes) it will not boot to the flashing screen. If I use the v1.1 way it does boot to the flashing screen but will not accept the correct bios, continuously says it's an unknown flash! Halting. Yea, so that's the update to my sitchiashun. Please help or tell me a good solderless chip to buy... it's to that point now... beer wasn't enough! sad.gif

#3 Norbinc

Norbinc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Xbox,computers,radios(2way)& of course Paintball
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:46 AM

My opinion you probably have to spend a little more & move up to a better chip,played the solderless spider chip game only I never got it to boot. Although I never tried switching the wires just got tired & went with better chip. You might try the buy sell trade forum I'm sure someone there will help you pick 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users