MDK1ll4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:29 AM

Ok, all the tuts....well...all 2 of em I could find, show how to solder up S-Video and Digital audio outputs directly to the AV pinout. Well I have a TV that has an S-Video connection but no Digital audio so I'm curios as to if this may work or not. Having the video feed come through the S-vid and the audio come through the normal composite audio cables?

I wouldn't see as to why this wouldn't work but I wanted to verify before going ahead.

Oh and I figured out the problem with my s-vid cable I tried before, my stoopid arse thought it would work fine without the ground wires connected. Lesson Learned: Never Mod Your Xbox Stoned.

#2 neovader

neovader

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:01 AM

yes the regular audio out will work. most av s-video packs have you left/right stereo out plugs and some have toslink as well.

#3 MDK1ll4

MDK1ll4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:14 AM

Thanks, thats what I thought. All the guides I saw were svid and toslink but I don't have any digital audio inputs on the boob tube so that was a no go.

Well this will have to tide me over until tax returns come in and I can spring for a big screen HDTV!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users