• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bobkiksass

bobkiksass

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:10 AM

Hi, My mac G5 for some reason will not communicate over my network with the xbox. I managed to flash my x3 chip w 3294x3 and have evox running as a dashboard on it (help using my buddies windows machine). I was unable to access the http flash feature via my g5, but it worked fine on my buddies network with a pc.

My xbox can acquire an ip from dhcp in the router and when I attempt to ftp connect with it in evox it hangs up and eventually cannot complete the connection. (although its clear something is trying but not working) My friend could ftp fine to the xbox on his network (all pc's). So i think that it is my G5 or network settings giving me trouble.

my router is a linksys etherfast cable/dsl router and i have all firewall shut off in the G5. My internet / network appears to be otherwise normal

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

Maybe its your Firewall
try going to system preferences -->Sharing-->FireWall--> and turn it off

#3 decepticon

decepticon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

What are you using to ftp to the xbox with on your mac?

#4 bobkiksass

bobkiksass

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:48 PM

My firewall is off. I was using cyberduck, any suggestions for a better ftp prog in osx?. I just realized that linksys doesn't support mac with this router and also xbox http://www.xbox.com/...g/equipment.htm
doesn't accept it either with the firmware it came on it, do you think this is my problem? Stupid linksys requires windows to update the firmware on the router.... I think I will just return it and try another model

#5 bobkiksass

bobkiksass

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

after being told by the "geniuses" at best buy that all network routers support xbox. i found out it is untrue. I traded the linksys for a dlink which seems far superior and now i have no troubles networking onto it via ftp. now for loading up xbmc smile.gif

#6 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

I have a linksys WRT54G v1.4, and that isnt on the xbox list and it still worked fine, and it works with my mac also.

You should try out Transmit 3. It is the best FTP client i've seen so far for mac, It even has a dashbnoard widgit so you can drag and drop files and will instanly send whatever into your xbox

Edited by commandersafi, 26 October 2006 - 08:40 PM.

#7 bobkiksass

bobkiksass

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

thanks, I got transmit, and unfortunatley I am still having trouble, I can search my xbox via the ftp but when i try to transfer files to it the connection just times out. My xbox drive is unlocked. I need some advice, I was trying to ftp to it in the x3 dashboard.

Is there a way to set up evolution x to accept dhcp and not just static ip? I tried to ftp to evolution x but it was having same troubles. My buddy could ftp fine to it on his windows machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users