• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Morlok8k

Morlok8k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />xbox modding<br />computer fixing<br />sex (with women)<br />drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

so i was in Best Buy the other day and saw this product: the Datel Xport.

It's like the Xsata, only its a standalone docking station, and has a slot for the memory card too.
i kinda wish it had been out sooner before i bought the Xsata and the Memory card reader!

oh well...

anyways, there is no info about it on the internet at all, except a imageless link on bestbuy.com (that says pre-order, even though i held the product in my hands at the store.)

Datel Xport 360 for Xbox 360
Model: DUS0194

Have you ever wished it wasn't so difficult to transfer data from your Xbox 360 to your PC? Now the process is quick and easy with Xport 360. Just drag and drop your files between your Xbox 360 hard drive, your memory cards and your PC.

The Xport 360 is a docking station that plugs directly into your PC. Transfer files at a high-speed USB 2.0 transfer rate, so you can get back to gaming. You can even transfer original Xbox data onto your Xbox 360, which is great for playing your older Xbox games on your new console.

Product Features

Transfer data between your Xbox 360 hard drive, memory cards and PC quickly and easily
Bonus Xbox memory card adapter lets you transfer original Xbox game saves to your Xbox 360
High-speed USB 2.0 transfer rate won't keep you waiting for data to transfer
Docking station plugs into your PC for fast, flawless data transfers
Simply drag and drop files while you're connected to your PC

#2 Boydster

Boydster

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:13 PM

So do I need a 360 memory card or not? I'd most definitely buy it if I could go PC->360 HDD in one step.

Though I'd still rather have an official MS one similar to what the PS3 is doing. Just make a flipping Xbox 1 mem card to USB convertor Microsoft. Damn!

It couldn't be that hard... Maybe they're worried about exploits or something?

#3 Lotus289

Lotus289

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:22 AM

if i'm reading correcty off the best buy site, you won't need a memory card. it says that you can put media onto the 360's HDD via USB 2.0 through a PC. it also says you can transfer game saves from you xbox memory card to the 360's HDD for use in 360 games. where was this 10 months ago when i had to start NFS: MW all over again. but it might be worth looking into nonetheless.

#4 Morlok8k

Morlok8k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />xbox modding<br />computer fixing<br />sex (with women)<br />drinking

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(Boydster @ Oct 26 2006, 12:20 PM) View Post
So do I need a 360 memory card or not? I'd most definitely buy it if I could go PC->360 HDD in one step.

Though I'd still rather have an official MS one similar to what the PS3 is doing. Just make a flipping Xbox 1 mem card to USB convertor Microsoft. Damn!

It couldn't be that hard... Maybe they're worried about exploits or something?

no, you dont need a mem card if you have a 360 hdd. and if MS released one, it would be much more expensive - and if they did, and we did find an exploit, MS would be F'd in the A.

QUOTE(Lotus289 @ Oct 26 2006, 04:29 PM) View Post
if i'm reading correcty off the best buy site, you won't need a memory card. it says that you can put media onto the 360's HDD via USB 2.0 through a PC. it also says you can transfer game saves from you xbox memory card to the 360's HDD for use in 360 games. where was this 10 months ago when i had to start NFS: MW all over again. but it might be worth looking into nonetheless.

no it can transfer xbox1 saves to the the 360 for when you play xbox1 games on the 360.

#5 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(Boydster @ Oct 26 2006, 08:20 PM) View Post

Get your xbox controller.
Get a USB cable.
Cut off the end of your xbox controller cable (connection end).
Cut off the end of your USB cable (not the male-A connection, the other one).
Splice the two cables, they are colour coded so won't be that hard.
Now plug your controller, now USB into your PC.
Install the xbox actionreplay software avaible from their site.
Plug in your xbox 1 memory card.
Install it.
Transfer saves.

Easy in 10 simple steps. You don't even need to solder. wink.gif

Edited by Ozy, 27 October 2006 - 03:56 PM.

#6 Hotzoop

Hotzoop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:30 PM

how much is it at best buy?

#7 Lotus289

Lotus289

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:29 PM

You can even transfer original Xbox data onto your Xbox 360, which is great for playing your older Xbox games on your new console.

that's off the best buy website. i read that as it'll take your xbox save game, put it on the 360, and that save will be available if you put the xbox game in there. but not on a 360 game. i could be wrong though....

oh, and it lists for $39.99 US at best buy's website.

Edited by Lotus289, 27 October 2006 - 10:30 PM.

#8 m4i2k0e14

m4i2k0e14

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:15 AM

THIS IS A QUOTE TO ALL

I just recently purchased one of these. first off i couldn't even get it to read my hard drive(20 GB) i tried just about everything and even emailed datel customer support but i never heard anything back from them. I went onto CodeJunkies.com and updated the program Xport 360 (it originally comes with this program but the first one they came out with which is never any good) and it still wouldn't work so i figured i might as well take it back to circuit city where they were just sitting on the self and replaced it with a new one. This one actually works and if you get the update for Xport360 than it comes with a electronic manual for the program and for transfering game saves and demo or what not to another hard drive. Which is my original plan but i still can't get it to work properly. Everything transfers over just fine besides the fact that i had to transfer each indivisual file over one at a time in order so that the program wouldn't freeze. The problem is i can't figure out is the hard drive i transfered it to can't find it i quess i could say everything else works perfectly on the HD but not anything i transfered. ah it does transfer original and 360 saves to your computer which you can do anything with them from there on. If you guys hear anything or can help out please let me know i'll just be sitting here waisting my time trying to figure it out when the people who created it should have LOL what can you do and thanks
Michael Baragona

#9 Vatamin R

Vatamin R

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:17 AM

it wouldnt detect mine either until i right clicked the program and chose "Run as administrator"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users