cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

Wow, surprised this is the first thread about this game.

Picked this up yesterday on my way home. I'm loving this game.

Has a unique feel to the game. It feels somewhat like an RPG an RTS and a beat-em up all at the same time. Neat system where you kill an enemy you get coins and EXP points (RPG anyone) which can be used to buy new outfits and purchase upgraded moves to make your character better/stronger. As you walk around you feel like your playing an RTS the way the controls are.

You have 4 characters in your group that you can switch between on the fly. You get a chance to change your team around at "access points" and can select between alot of characters and alot seemed to be locked (which I like having to unlock stuff). Currently my posse consists of Spiderman, Wolverine, Human Torch, and Colossus.

Each character has their own moves and special moves, also more moves and specials can be unlocked by getting more EXP and more coin to buy upgrades and outfits with. The enemies are mostly just generic and I don't remember most of them being real characters. The boss fights are pretty easy and fun and some of the bosses are real characters.

Overall I'm pretty excited about this game and can't wait to get home to play it some more smile.gif

#2 Mackam

Mackam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

Saw this game and thinking about getting, can you play co-op offline? I read somewhere you can but wanted to check to see if it is any good and indeed possible.

#3 Dalpura

Dalpura

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests, but writing about them isn't one.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:53 AM

You know, I remember playing X-Men Legends/2 thinking to myself how much more awesome the game would be with more than just the X-Men and most if not all of the Marvel super heroes. And here it is! Picked it up a couple of hours ago, freaking awesome addictive game. It's a shame I bought Double Agent last week, haven't got enough time for both! tongue.gif

#4 smartygre1

smartygre1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(Dalpura @ Nov 2 2006, 11:00 AM) View Post

You know, I remember playing X-Men Legends/2 thinking to myself how much more awesome the game would be with more than just the X-Men and most if not all of the Marvel super heroes. And here it is! Picked it up a couple of hours ago, freaking awesome addictive game. It's a shame I bought Double Agent last week, haven't got enough time for both! tongue.gif

Yeah, that was a real fun game.

If Colossus is a character, I am buying it immediately!

#5 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:31 PM

yeah this game is pretty fun and easy to play. lots of button mashing. the idea of tons of characters to choose from is awesome.

#6 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(smartygre1 @ Nov 3 2006, 09:26 PM) View Post

Yeah, that was a real fun game.

If Colossus is a character, I am buying it immediately!

Colossus is in there, I've got him on my team. Also each player has I think 4 different costumes including the classic versions and new, I can't wait to get the last Wolverine custome. smile.gif

#7 JustDanMI

JustDanMI

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:outdoors and gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Mackam @ Oct 27 2006, 02:12 PM) View Post

Saw this game and thinking about getting, can you play co-op offline? I read somewhere you can but wanted to check to see if it is any good and indeed possible.

I believe this is one of the few 4 player co-op games on the 360 right now. Now I'm having an urge to actually buy a 3rd controller now tongue.gif

#8 1337pwner

1337pwner

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

so we will still get the achievements for this co-op?

#9 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:47 PM

bah, i traded this for virtua tennis...just couldnt get into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users