• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Underling

Underling

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

Sorry if youve already answered this question hundreds of times earlier but I couldnt find the answer I was looking for through the search function.

Anyway just was curius about when your gonna make backup of a xbox 360 game, is it much difference between the different burners on the quality of the backups you get. And if so, is the difference in how many players beeing able to read the finished backup, or is it in quality as its much slower to read etc. Atm I have a Aopen DUW1608/ARR and a Samsung SH-W162C available that is supposed to be able to burn dual layer dvds. But reason I asked was a friend told me you needed a special dual burner to get the right quality.
Would be nice if someone willing to waste the short time it takes to help me smile.gif thx anyway! biggrin.gif

Oh if it matters, my xbox360 got hitachi dvdrom.

#2 MaxEgg

MaxEgg

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:06 PM

Pioneer 111D is the burner of choice.
But others do work for people.
The Pioneer may provide the best quality burn, but someone will always debate anything till they are blue in the face. It is just human nature.

I can confirm the NEC 3550A works, but as for your burner i do not know.
It may be worth it to test 1 disk first, but if you got the funds to spare, just goto newegg.com and lookup the pioneer, usually for around 28-33 bucks (us).

#3 Nvidia256

Nvidia256

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:53 PM

a Aopen DUW1608/ARR and a Samsung SH-W162C available that is supposed to be able to burn dual layer dvds.

Crap DL burners

Pioneer 111D IS THE BEST DL BURNER FOR THE MONEY

The Plextor 760A is also another top/amazing DL burner but unforutnaly Plex charges $109US for there burners, so stick with Pioneer.

#4 Underling

Underling

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:04 AM

the pioneer burner wasnt available in norwegian shops but found Plextor 760A, thanks for you help! smile.gif

#5 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

Not a big fan of the Aopen burners but the Sammys are okay. Pioneer 111Ds have excellent all around burn quality though. You don't absolutely need one and the Plextor does also have good burn quality.

#6 Underling

Underling

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

The reason I just havent tested to burn with them already is that ive not flashed my dvd yet. The thing that worries me is how secure it is, I dont really care if I loose xbl, cause dont play anything online, but even if you loose xbl when you flash, you loose all the updates that microsoft sends out too? And also isnt it likely that in the future it will be made changes to the games so the flashed dvd wont be able to read backups? and maybe not even originals since its flashed? and if that time comes, is there a easy way to return it to the original settings so you can atleast play original games. Not sure if its stable enough to get it flashed. any information would be nice:)

#7 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:37 PM

Honestly that is all up in the air and no one can give you a straight answer there. People were worried that that was going to happen with the so-called fall update but apparently that won't be the case now. No garauntees that it won't be happening sometime in the future. So it is a calculated risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users