• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 XflangX

XflangX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:alot of stuf..xbox is awsome nd ive learned a lot from the scene its a great place.THANKS YOU SCENE!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:00 AM

Hey i think it'd be useful and fun to make a list of movies that sound and are great movies and support dolby digital, dts...ect...for surround sound.
I'll start it off....

-Saving Private Ryan
-Star Wars - Episode One

..feel free to add smile.gif or discuss...

Edited by XflangX, 28 October 2006 - 04:01 AM.

#2 XflangX

XflangX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:alot of stuf..xbox is awsome nd ive learned a lot from the scene its a great place.THANKS YOU SCENE!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:31 PM

ok i went through my collection and picked some more out...

Master and Commander: far side of the world
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
007...those are pretty good...(the newer ones...)
The Lord of the Rings- every movie is amazing!! biggrin.gif
Indiana Jones, of course!!
Behind Enemy Lines I & II
Final Destination's...(believe it or not, but the audio streams in those are pretty sweet...)
Boondock Saints (AWSOME!!!)
Sahara
Lucky Number Slevin (i love this movie- the ending is so...it makes it amazing- you have to see lol)

....i cant think of anymore right now...i didnt write them down and im not down stairs...

PLEASE add any that you want!!!

#3 XflangX

XflangX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:10 AM

~Terminator 2: Judgment Day
~Eagles: hell Freezes Over (DTS)
~Jurassic Park
~Independence Day
~Green Mile
~Black Hawk Down
~Armageddon
~Twister
~Forest Gump
~Clear and Present Danger
~The Fugitive
~SPEED
~The Aviator
~Cast Away
~A Perfect Storm
~Pirates of The Caribbean...

...you getting it? ...and basically anything that has that THX intro in the beginning...
go ahead and add any you can think of...or discuss... (btw, is there a way to merge this list with my previous post...without making a new one...like re-editing my first one?...lol...)

#4 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 November 2006 - 05:14 AM

Man there are some great movies on this list...

#5 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE(XflangX @ Oct 31 2006, 10:17 PM) View Post
(btw, is there a way to merge this list with my previous post...without making a new one...like re-editing my first one?...lol...)
No, you only have a 10 to 15 minute window to edit your posts. Just keep doing what you've been doing. lol

I think it's great what you're doing here. It's very helpful. However, I find myself searching for movies with DTS more than just 5.1 DD these days. I mean, 5.1 is no slouch, but I've really begun to appreciate the subtleties DTS offers. That's what pisses me off about both Spider-Man movies (original releases): they don't offer DTS. The Superbit releases do, but I don't feel like shelling out more dough for movies I already own. In my opinion, if a movie can be considered action or horror, then DTS should be standard. Chick flicks get mono (stereo, if they're lucky). J/K IPB Image

Spider-Man 1 and 2
Men in Black 1 and 2
Ghostbusters 1 and 2
SLC Punk
American Psycho
Swordfish
Death to Smoochy
Fight Club
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Criterion Collection) (DTS)
An American Werewolf in London
Se7en (New Line Platinum Series) (DTS)

#6 XflangX

XflangX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

thanks for the replies biggrin.gif

yes i agree, dts is the best...but the problem is maybe two handfuls of movies support it grr.gif lol, i have a couple....here ill search for some too..(i've got these first two..)

~Band of Brothers
~Gladiator
~Alien
~Austin Powers in Goldmember
~Butterfly Effect
~Crash
~Dumb and Dumber: Unrated Platinum Edition
~Hills Have Eyes

...sorry guys, gotta cut it short...leaving for school, lol

Remember, all of these are the DTS editions (...some may not be at first, but have re-releases...aka superbits...platinum edition, collectors edition...ect, just look for DTS on the back...or if not that at least Dolby Digital, if you want to use your home theater pop.gif )

(metaldevil, fear and loathing in vegas jester.gif , i forgot that one!!! great movie....lol...)

have fun cool.gif

#7 XflangX

XflangX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

ok now some links...

http://www.dts.com/c...urrent_releases
This is the dts online; here you can look at the current releases and it has some search tools. Heck, it even lets you search for dts theaters in your area (but if you have your own in your basement, why bother biggrin.gif!)

http://www.spannerwo...rence/10_6a.asp
This site is EXECLENT, i highly recommend you check it out...the link is to a DTS DVD list with practically every dvd that has DTS!!!
At the top of the webpage there is a frame that has two dropdown boxes...check these out- one is filled with great information articles, the other has a TON of DVD reviews, with the Studio who produced it, the length, down to the audio and video, and even the layer change!!! And, of course a great overview of the dvd. That feature is great, if you just wanna look up a DVD before you buy it..ect...Thanks SpannerWorks!!!

If you wanna learn more about audio encoding, check out spannerworks, or go to wikipedia smile.gif.

http://en.wikipedia....Award_for_Sound
Here is a link to the Academy Awards for Sound. So basically anything i didn't list already, that is good, is on there lol.

That's about all...for now at least- lol

i'd like to start a new topic, or i could just keep it in this one...Pictures of your Home Theater/Game room...or whatever you have...what do you guys think? (my theater room needs a paint job, new furniture, and remodeled, but i think i'll wait to do all that until after i move out and get a place of my own...)

digital audio.... love.gif .....

#8 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:16 AM

Das Boot (bolt-popping scene in particular)
The Fifth Element

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users