• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hansolox1

hansolox1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:29 AM

I have a softmodded v1.6 xbox. I used the Softmod Installer Deluxe version 2 to softmod the xbox.

I used xboxhdm v1.9 to create a cdr for upgrading to a 250 gig hard disk. I successfully installed to the 250 gig drive and then put the new hard disk in the xbox.

Everything is working ok except I cannot see the full capacity of the hard disk.

I have roughly the following space free on the disk:
C: 500 mb
E: 4.6 gb
F: 129 gb
G: 0
X: 786 gb
Y: 786 gb
Z: 786 gb

I am running evox V+3935. In the system settings, I have Use G Drive set to Yes.
I edited my evox.ini file and added a line in the menu:

Item"Install G Drive",@212

with an action:

[Action_12]
Info "Format G"
Warning "This will format your G drive"
Warning "Have a Backup!"
Progress "Formatting drive"

Format G:

When I select Install G Drive, the yes/no prompt comes up and I choose yes. The formatting drive screen says done after about 1 second.

Do I need to update the bios to support LBA-48? If so, how do I do this? I tried using meetoo m8plus v1.4.
This seems to load a modified bios but does not save after rebooting. In addition, the additional hard disk space is still not seen after loading the default.xbe file. The only change I notice is that the LED on the xbox is now orange since I setup the bios using evtool to change the LED to orange. Rebooting changes the led back to green.

I am not sure how to proceed.
Any help is appreciated.

Edited by hansolox1, 30 October 2006 - 06:40 AM.

#2 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

Is uninstalling SID and using nDure (Krayzie or Kingroach) an option?

Both of those will support LBA48 fairly easily, I haven't used SID so I'm not sure how to reconfigure it... it sounds like an older bios loader mod though...

#3 DMAddict

DMAddict

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:20 PM

I've used AID and SID. I've only done one soft and one chip mod so my knowledge of them isn't that great. I just picked up a v1.6 that I'm going to softmod. In my reading, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like using Nkpatcher(which is what I think you're using) only supports drives up to 137 GB.

"Replacing the running kernel on Xboxes with kernel 5530 or higher doesn't work through the regular Phoenix BIOS Loader (PBL) and Bootable From Media (BFM) BIOS images - a fact of which owners of such boxes are painfully aware. Nkpatcher is proposed as a simple and temporary solution to the problem. Nkpatcher should now behave similarly with all kernels (3944, 4034, 4627, 4817, 5101, 5530, 5713, 5838). Currently nkpatcher has the following features: + Runs unsigned code - no more signing everything with xbedump + Runs debug xbes + Mediaflag patching + Support for F drive (hard disk size limited to about 137 GB = 2^37 bytes) + Boots evoxdash.xbe first by default then xboxdash.xbe (can be set to D:default.xbe first then the dash by recompiling sources) + Eject fix + Live blocking + IGR + Virtual/shadow C drive. No hassle with fonts or trouble with dashboard updates as long as you loaded nkpatcher. + Virtual CD/DVD drive. You can attach .iso files on the hard drive as game discs. + oz_paulb LBA48 and partition table support + Virtual EEPROM feature. Current Release: v10"

Looks like I got some Ndure reading to do if want to add a larger HD.

Edited by DMAddict, 30 October 2006 - 09:30 PM.

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

You should get Ndure on there and SID off.

If you used SID 2.0 then you can use CASH v1.1 to remove SID and install Ndure v1.1.1 over it. It will need to format C and E, but won't format F or G (CASH v1.0 would format F and G in any format options). Then once you have Ndure v1.1.1 on you can install the Extras (CASH can do that too) and change your NKpatcher from .06 to .67 or .67 to .06 and your F and G should be normal again, if not then change your dashboard settings as needed.

Instead of using CASH v1.1 to swap from SID to Ndure you could go ahead and uninstall SID manually (be sure you have a MSdash on C before uninstalling it, SID or AID sometimes removes them) and then install the gamesaves for Krayzies Ndure v1.1 and use an exploit game to boot the gamesave. Then manually install the Extras and change the NKpatcher. But CASH makes all that easier.

#5 DMAddict

DMAddict

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

Hey Cereal,
Thanks for your time on this. Looks like you put a great piece together. I will be getting your disc soon. I did go ahead and softmod my 1.6 using the Krayzie Ndure 1.1 mod last night. (Before reading about your package). I didn't see anything in your guide about upgrading the HD and am hoping you, or anyone else for that matter, can give me some direction on upgrading to a larger HD. I just want to make certain I start in the right direction.
I setup the 1.6 with Krayzie Ndure dual boot. The power button boots to a replaced dash xselect that defaults to XBMC. I just like xselect as it give me multiple options of what I can startup to.

#6 hansolox1

hansolox1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:54 AM

Using Cash v1.1, I was able to get SID removed and Krayzies Ndure 1.1.1 installed. Thanks cerealkillajme!

I then added an entry in the evox.ini file for formatting the G: drive and formatting was successful.

I can now see the full capacity of the drive

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Edited by hansolox1, 01 November 2006 - 05:01 AM.

#7 gspn

gspn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:24 AM

Is it possible to format and use the G Drive using this method WITHOUT losing the existing data (movies/games) already stored on the F Drive?

It'd be a hassle to transfer 100 gigs of stuff off of my xbox and then restore it.

#8 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(gspn @ Dec 9 2006, 02:31 AM) View Post

Is it possible to format and use the G Drive using this method WITHOUT losing the existing data (movies/games) already stored on the F Drive?

It'd be a hassle to transfer 100 gigs of stuff off of my xbox and then restore it.

yeah use the extras to change nkpatcher to .06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users