Photo

What's The Best Software For My Xbox Mod?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kernan

kernan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Basketball<br />Pool<br />Ping Pong
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:36 PM

I just had someone install the xecuter 3 ce chip into my xbox yesterday night. I couldn't make it but my brother took my xbox to him. Apparently he said I need software now and that's why I can't turn my chip on.
I would like to know what people recommend for software and what people highly don't recommend.
Thanks!

can someone tell me if it's working correctly for the stage it's at... (remember it has no software)
-if i hold power it turns on normal, the xecuter sign is red and the top right of the panel flashes blue
-if i tap power or eject, it flashes green and then after a few times, it flashes red and green (which i was scared to see
-i know when you hold both eject and power it should go to backup but that doesn't work, yet.

is there anything wrong or do i need to have someone check all soldering points?

Edited by kernan, 30 October 2006 - 10:56 PM.

#2 slingshot2170

slingshot2170

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Biology, chemistry, science, electrical engineering
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:58 PM

Software to turn the chip on? The chip is a physical object, it should already be turned on. He might be talking about putting a BIOS on there. If this is the case, there are several guides on how to flash your BIOS. Be sure that you get the correct one for your modchip and xbox version.

If he's talking about software to be used with the chip, i.e. dashboards, emulators, etc. then you have a myriad of options. EvoX is the original, layman's dashboard. However, there are many many others. Download a few following the guides on XS, and try them out, get a feel for them, and choose which one you like the most.

#3 evilomen

evilomen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:31 PM

If its FRAGing, (flashing red and green), its either bad soldering, or he tried to flash it with the wrong BIOS. When you turn it on with the chip enabled (just tap the power button) it should go to the flashBIOS, a blue screen. Do you know if he tried to flash the BIOS or not? If not, take it back and have him check the solder points. If it was being moved something might have some loose.

If he did get to flash the BIOS, he may have flashed it with the wrong size or something, and needs to be re-flashed. Also, make sure he is using the Xecuter3 BIOS, as it is made to work with your chip.

#4 kernan

kernan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(evilomen @ Oct 30 2006, 04:38 PM) View Post

If its FRAGing, (flashing red and green), its either bad soldering, or he tried to flash it with the wrong BIOS. When you turn it on with the chip enabled (just tap the power button) it should go to the flashBIOS, a blue screen. Do you know if he tried to flash the BIOS or not? If not, take it back and have him check the solder points. If it was being moved something might have some loose.

If he did get to flash the BIOS, he may have flashed it with the wrong size or something, and needs to be re-flashed. Also, make sure he is using the Xecuter3 BIOS, as it is made to work with your chip.

well that sucks. are you sure that it doesn't normally frag before the BIOS is flashed?

#5 evilomen

evilomen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:31 AM

lol, yea pretty sure. I have installed quite a few of these chips, including one on one of my own xboxs

#6 kernan

kernan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:17 AM

alright... now how does a BIOS work? Is there a lot to choose from? I think you have to burn it onto a cd and put it into your xbox... Am I right?

#7 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:20 AM

You will want to use the latest x3 bios (3294). Use this guide once you have your chip working properly.

#8 kernan

kernan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(theperfekt001 @ Oct 30 2006, 07:27 PM) View Post

You will want to use the latest x3 bios (3294). Use this guide once you have your chip working properly.

alright i'm confused again...
this is a quote from BenJeremy in the FAQS section.

[*] When you first install your modchip, if the xbox boots 3 times and then flashes red and green (FRAG), then u most likely have no bios installed on the chip. MAke sure you put a bios on, and if it still FRAG's, then u possibly could have a bad chip!

end of quote

so howcome i have to follow that guide once i have my chip working properly? that guide is for the latest x3 bios and according to BenJeremy, the fraging is normal and i need to have my bios installed...
i'm having trouble as a noob, trying to explain myself!

#9 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:07 AM

Kudos for reading the FAQ's.

X3 chips are shipped with FlashBIOS preinstalled. A properly installed chip will boot to that.

Edited by theperfekt001, 31 October 2006 - 03:15 AM.

#10 kernan

kernan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE(theperfekt001 @ Oct 30 2006, 08:14 PM) View Post

Kudos for reading the FAQ's.

X3 chips are shipped with FlashBIOS preinstalled. A properly installed chip will boot to that.

congratulations.. you have officially confused me lol...
i dunno why my modder said that i need to install the software (BIOS). i think i will try to do what he said and if it doesn't work then i'll have him check the soldering

#11 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:37 AM

How do you plan on flashing the bios if the chip is fragging?
It sounds like the install is faulty.

#12 evilomen

evilomen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE(theperfekt001 @ Oct 30 2006, 09:44 PM) View Post

How do you plan on flashing the bios if the chip is fragging?
It sounds like the install is faulty.

I second that. You need to be able to boot to the flashbios screen in order to flash the bios. When the X3 starts up when its installed right it will go to the flashbios and give you options on how you want to flash, not FRAG. FRAGing is a sign of bad installation, UNLESS he flashed it with the wrong BIOS, but you need to find out from him if thats what he did or not....

#13 kernan

kernan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:35 PM

That's what mine is doing but i think I have to have my mod guy check the soldering... I also hear that this chip comes with the X3 BIOS when it's installed.

#14 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:56 PM

As I have explained to you before, it comes preflashed with flashbios.

Merging...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users