Iloveanime

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:36 PM

Hey I have a xecuter 3 ce new just no pin header. Is it possible to install the chip into a xbox 1.6 with error 16. I figure I could just install modchip load it up and pop in a slayers disc or something and rebuild the dashboard. Anyway it's very hard finding a guide on the wire install and it's only for 1.0 1.1 Is it possible though? I'm thiniking if I aligned the wires to the pinheader output I think it could work. Do the lpc rebuild etc. Anyway I was just wondering if the wire install would work and if there was a color guide to which wires goes to which holes. Thanks a lot
-Nick

#2 Allegro1

Allegro1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:49 PM

http://home.comcast....allationFAQ.htm

Will show a colored legend between the LPC port and the chip pins.

The header is available at most Radio Shack stores or electronics stores and is a really inexpensive part. It often comes in longer strips which can be cut with diaganol clippers or an Xacto knife.

#3 Iloveanime

Iloveanime

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:51 AM

Yeap I tried to install it and while I was cleaning up some extra solder I accidently pulled up the circut that #8 goes with. I can't find it. I checked the de solder I think it feel or something. Can I that part? Is there something I could get from someone like radio shack? Or someone is selling online? Could I connect from another part like that to those holes? Lol Yea I know I F*cked up I'm kicking myself. Anyway Is the mobo just screwed now? Or can it be repaired? Thanks -Nick

I tried to boot it up. It just basically frags but instead of green and red it's orange and green. The chip gets power etc. I didn't get to use the lpc rebuild though? some of the pins wasn't used because of the wire install. Anyway any help would be loved! and greatly Appreciated. Thanks a lot Nick

Edited by Iloveanime, 01 November 2006 - 12:53 AM.

#4 Allegro1

Allegro1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:36 PM

Without seeing what you did I can't be sure but you can rebuild just about anything wink.gif . If you still have the SMD resistor, you could use some 30 AWG "wire wrap" wire aka Kynar wire to rebuild any traces you may have torn out. You could even replace the resistor with a 1/4 watt trough hole resistor just by tacking it down with some hot glue after wiring it up so long as you know the value of the resistor.

I guess you can now see that trying to save a dollar or two and a couple of days isn't worth it if something goes wrong. If you aren't a "skilled surgeon" at repairing SMD PCB's you are on the verge of digging yourself into a really deep repair hole. If you aren't sure of your skills, you should probably check out the B/S/T section to see if someone can fix your board. If this is a spare box and you have nothing to lose, go for it. Otherwise you may be better off to ask for some help. Good luck.

#5 Iloveanime

Iloveanime

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:42 PM

http://i85.photobuck...x3_wire_v16.jpg

The link above is a shot of the wire install. Find #8 the purple wire. I basically removed the whole little cirut you put the wire to. Anyway does anyone know where I can get another circut of that? It was a clean removal. The two points still intact no damages to motherboard just removed the circut. THanks a lot Nick

#6 Allegro1

Allegro1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:11 PM

Well, I meant a photo of your work, not of the instructions. If "removed the curcuit", you mean the trace between the little black surface mount resistor and the via (the little plated through doughnut), then all you need to do is to replace the trace with a piece of wire. So long as you did not pull the plated through pad out, you just need to replace the trace.

If "circuit" means you pulled and lost the little black rectangular thing attached to the #8 solder point, then you are in a bit deeper of a hole. That is a surface mount resistor. You will need to find out the value of that resistor and replace it with a resistor of a similar value. Maybe some of the Team Xecuter folks could help you with that, maybe someone around here can, but that is a total shot in the dark.

#7 Iloveanime

Iloveanime

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE(Allegro1 @ Nov 1 2006, 10:18 PM) View Post

Well, I meant a photo of your work, not of the instructions. If "removed the curcuit", you mean the trace between the little black surface mount resistor and the via (the little plated through doughnut), then all you need to do is to replace the trace with a piece of wire. So long as you did not pull the plated through pad out, you just need to replace the trace.

If "circuit" means you pulled and lost the little black rectangular thing attached to the #8 solder point, then you are in a bit deeper of a hole. That is a surface mount resistor. You will need to find out the value of that resistor and replace it with a resistor of a similar value. Maybe some of the Team Xecuter folks could help you with that, maybe someone around here can, but that is a total shot in the dark.

YEAP THE SECOND PART THE CIRCUIT that is the little black rectangular thing attached to the #8 point. mad.gif Man should have pulled a damn pinheader out of a old sound card I have laying around. Ok Well is anyone selling that little part? I would get a picture but my camera hates taking shots of anything closer then 3 inches away. just makes it all blurry. I've messed with the camera settings but I don't know. Anyway That part could I use like a resistor I use on like leds? The round thingys with stripes on them happy.gif
Thanks for helping me out happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users