but efnet and others are working

#17 generalnewbie

generalnewbie

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

love the installer. I know some of you here think its dumb but... the best part is its easy and you can also change what you dont like after it formats the hd

#18 DJB

DJB

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:XBOX, PSP, Movies, Music, Web Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:52 PM

Before I start this post, I do wish to congratulate Slayer on releasing another version of his installer, as I know that he wasn't exactly planning on making this to begin with. However, I do have some issues to bring up.

I warn people NOT to do any flashing with this installer, unless you are 100% sure that your BIOS or TSOP is a 256k bank. Why? Because this Auto-Installer has not taken into consideration that BIOS banks and TSOPs are different sizes. So, if you try and use this to flash your BIOS and TSOP, and it isnt a 256k bank, you're screwed. And there's no other options for different sized banks. The only exclusion is ofcourse the X3 BIOS, but this can only go on X3 chips.

Also, it's very strange how there is no softmod support, considering Slayer did write a softmod system at one stage (only written for 007AUF if I remember correctly), and a lot more people are using softmods now. For those people saying it "cluuters up the CD" that couldn't be further from the truth. It takes next to hardly any more space to add softmodding support in an Auto-Installer, and I know this from experience.

I also found a bug in the actual scripting for the installer too:

CODE
[Action_84]
# The 2 lines below will copy the "installed" version of the "XboxMediaCenter.xml" file to root of C:
# Tries 1st E: then F: drive
copy "E:\Apps\XBMC\XboxMediaCenter.xml" "c:\XboxMediaCenter.xml"
copy "F:\Apps\XBMC\XboxMediaCenter.xml" "c:\XboxMediaCenter.xml"

I didn't think this file was uesd anymore by XBMC 2.0.

Just my two cents...

Edited by DJB, 01 November 2006 - 10:53 PM.

#19 esoum

esoum

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:54 PM

So how do I use this with Executer 3s flashbios?

#20 vhhhhhhhh

vhhhhhhhh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:44 PM

DON'T POST LINKS muhaha.gif

Edited by mrRobinson, 02 November 2006 - 05:41 PM.

#21 gutter2d

gutter2d

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

My v1.6 xbox used Slayer 2.6 as the installer. I still use the Slayer Evox and all, so I was wondering if I could stick the Slayer 2.7 DVD in the Xbox and have an option where I could upgrade to version 2.7 so I could take advantage of the new feature allowing u to change ur default dash to something other than Evox?

#22 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:08 PM

People posting links to SlaYer's will find their posting abilities restricted.

Edited by theperfekt001, 03 November 2006 - 01:30 AM.

#23 brandonba

brandonba

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:23 AM

Whats the password to open it? anybody know?

#24 TheIrishLad

TheIrishLad

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Ebay, Projectors, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurial Ventures.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

Hmmm, a guess but sevx2.7 maybe?

#25 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE(DJB @ Nov 1 2006, 10:59 PM)  

Also, it's very strange how there is no softmod support, considering Slayer did write a softmod system at one stage (only written for 007AUF if I remember correctly), and a lot more people are using softmods now. For those people saying it "cluuters up the CD" that couldn't be further from the truth. It takes next to hardly any more space to add softmodding support in an Auto-Installer, and I know this from experience.

CASH is built pretty much the same as Slayers but is for softmods only. smile.gif

#26 xxmuirheadxx

xxmuirheadxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:13 AM

i have used this cd to try to get rid of my softmod and restore my original M$ Dash...problem is when i rebooted my xbox i got a evo-x dash but only to options...Launch CD or System Settings....PLEASE HELP...no matter what i do it still loads this...i have even manually deleted my entire xbox and put the files in manually from the slayers 2.6 AND 2.7 C drive and e drive and it still loads this screen....i cannot seem to figure out yy and may i ask PLEASE HELP is there anythign i can do?? thank you

#27 PIRATA!

PIRATA!

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:26 AM

Hi to everyone. Hi Slayer...

I haven't connected to you personal forum for a while and now my account is locked. I realized because I can't even make a new account with the same email.
Can someone help me on that? I would like to be able to post on your forum.
Thank you.

P.S.: Your Auto-Installer really rocks this time !;)

#28 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(xxmuirheadxx @ Nov 13 2006, 06:20 AM)  

i have used this cd to try to get rid of my softmod and restore my original M$ Dash...problem is when i rebooted my xbox i got a evo-x dash but only to options...Launch CD or System Settings....PLEASE HELP...no matter what i do it still loads this...i have even manually deleted my entire xbox and put the files in manually from the slayers 2.6 AND 2.7 C drive and e drive and it still loads this screen....i cannot seem to figure out yy and may i ask PLEASE HELP is there anythign i can do?? thank you

Slayers isn't made for softmods. The reason your getting that recovery dash is you have Krayzies Ndure (which has protection to keep it from being wiped) on there and your trying to wipe it, which Slayers WILL NOT DO. You can use CASH v1.1 to get it off, there is a section of the manual that covers removing the softmod, you can follow that and it will work just fine. I would say you could also restore from the HDD backup, but you may have screwed that up when you tried to wipe it (some stuff will get wiped in the format, but it leaves enough to give you that recovery dash at least). Just follow the instructions in the CASH manual and you'll be fine. wink.gif

#29 xxmuirheadxx

xxmuirheadxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:14 PM

OMFG haha THANK YOU like this is prob the 5th xbox i softmodded haha and i have went through trouble and went in manually and did stuff like put the MS dash after it got deleted and everythingg but this 1 was just pissin me off and i never got it be4 but im back 2 stock and i will like 2 thank you very muchh...

#30 baddkar

baddkar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:22 AM

Sorry if this is newbish, but can this fix my MS DASH? For some reason it stopped working recently, I have had my xbox modded since like 03 and played halo2 online with it a long time, but now when I try to just load the dash with no game in it, it messes up.

Will this work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users