8 replies to this topic

#1 Vorde

Vorde

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:37 PM

Hello,
I have a softmodded xbox (using SID 4.5) and the Splinter Cell exploit. I want to TSOP flash my xbox as well. Is it possible? Or would it just fuck up my box? Thanx!
P.S. What BIOS should I use? I don't want to use Cromwell cuz I don't want to turn my box into a PC.

#2 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(Vorde @ Nov 1 2006, 11:44 AM) View Post
Is it possible? Or would it just fuck up my box?

You can TSOP flash it if you want to, but you really won't gain much out of doing it. And yes, you can screw up your XBOX by doing it, very easily infact if you do it incorrectly.

Accidentally flash TSOP with incorrect BIOS = $150 paperweight.

NOTE: You CAN however purchase a modchip if you screw up your TSOP, and it will fix your XBOX. happy.gif

#3 Vorde

Vorde

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:56 PM

ok, so all I basically want to know now is that since my xbox is softmodded, do I still need to run the whole exploit shit and wire the Mobo, or can I just get an app that will do it for me provided I give it a BIOS? blink.gif

#4 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE(Vorde @ Nov 1 2006, 08:03 PM) View Post
ok, so all I basically want to know now is that since my xbox is softmodded, do I still need to run the whole exploit shit and wire the Mobo, or can I just get an app that will do it for me provided I give it a BIOS? blink.gif

You need to solder (or join) your write enable points. Since you already have it softmodded, you can simply use evox to flash your tsop assuming you dont have a winbond. If you do, you will need to use raincoat, which can also be launched very easily from your current dashboard as an app (boots linux, then you telnet in).

Caster.

#5 spiffyville

spiffyville

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Interests:Working on the physics behind wingless flight for humans. Slow going so far.
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:17 AM

You can also get a version of raincoat that you just dump the bios into a folder before it load, if you don't know anything about telenet. Just make sure its the correct one for your box. CHECK BIOS SIZE as well.

#6 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(spiffyville @ Nov 2 2006, 06:24 AM) View Post
CHECK BIOS SIZE as well.

Yes, he has a v1.5, so only 256kb bios's will work. Do NOT try to use x2.5035 or it will frag.

Caster.

#7 Vorde

Vorde

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

ok, thanx a lot guys. I'm going to check to see if xbins has raincoat (the one with no telnet involved, I'm reallt bad with it tongue.gif ) and get a BIOS that will fit my needs. btw, anyone know of any good BIOSes or are we not allowed to talk about that here?

#8 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:37 PM

I use x2.4981 and have never had any issues with it.

Caster.

#9 markop

markop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(Vorde @ Nov 2 2006, 06:48 PM) View Post

ok, thanx a lot guys. I'm going to check to see if xbins has raincoat (the one with no telnet involved, I'm reallt bad with it tongue.gif ) and get a BIOS that will fit my needs. btw, anyone know of any good BIOSes or are we not allowed to talk about that here?

use the "Flashing TSOP With ANY Version XBOX (V1.0-V1.5) For Noobs" guide found in the tutorials section under "TSOP flashing" Its rele EZ.

Edited by markop, 06 November 2006 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users