• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XflangX

XflangX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:alot of stuf..xbox is awsome nd ive learned a lot from the scene its a great place.THANKS YOU SCENE!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:36 PM

You might have seen my Dolby Digital, DTS Topic, well...i use blockbuster online.... cool.gif
this is a great service, i love picking out movies online and getting them in a day or so...I use the 3 at a time plan, anyway...their UI is OK...but some info isn't arranged at its best. For example, if you go to view info for a movie...it doesnt contain a lot of info- sure it gives you actors and Grammy awards rolleyes.gif , but i think it should have stuff like the supported audio streams...stuff along those lines.

Well to get to my point- if you are a blockbuster customer and you would benefit or like this idea, check out what i emailed to them....

Hello, i love blockbuster online...i love renting movies and watching them on my home theater....

Especially DTS Movies, or high quality Dolby Digital Movies. I don't believe, i KNOW, that if your site would contain information as to whether a certain DVD has these options, your rentals would increase, equalling more service. The growing popularity of home theaters is increasing, and people want high quality audio. Every person i know that is in this situation ( a very lot, as i am active in various forums) agrees that DTS is the best.
A lot of movies are starting to support this and older ones are coming out with super bit, collectors editions...etc, that contain this encoded audio stream. On your site, some movies don't even tell whether they have Dolby digital. Some movies have DTS and don't say either, for example, The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over does, (i know this because i own it....) but an ordinary person wouldn't unless they researched. And, even then, your site may have a different version. An example of that is Terminator 2: Judgement Day. I have this movie in my Que. I've researched and found out that the "Terminator 2: Judgment Day: Ultimate Edition" is is DTS compatible. Under the information you have for this movie it doesn't say whether it does or not, and since it isn't the Ultimate Edition, i can inductively conclude it does not have DTS.

I know it would be a pain in the but, but think about it...you'd have the lead in online rentals. You'd dominate, and you'd get a lot of Netflix customers- a lot of my friends (20-25) use netflix, only because that's what they've been using since they started. They've said they would easily switch if this feature was available. It's all about customer convenience too, as you see. Which brings me to my final recommendation. Also, if would be very effective to have a advanced search option for DTS, Grammy awards for sound...picture....etc.

That's all I have to say. I'm just a happy customer trying to help out this potentially dominating company.

If this is a sales representative etc...please forward this to your manager, boss...website design team...

If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

Sincerely,
Bobby Reed - Abandon Productions
abanon.inc@gmail.com

I'm expecting to get a reply back soon...12 hours max....ill update to tell ya what they say.

Feel free to comment on this, or let us know if you support this idea...
Maybe if there is enough response ill link them to this thread for proof! happy.gif

Edited by XflangX, 01 November 2006 - 11:40 PM.

#2 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:16 AM

I prefer Netflix, their turn around time is usually a day shorter then blockbuster online. I'm sure it just depends on your location compared to where their warehouse is.

I heard that starting sometime soon, you can take your blockbuster online rentals to your local blockbuster, and they instantly send you your next movie, or you can just rent them at the store. This should be a very handy feature.

#3 XflangX

XflangX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:alot of stuf..xbox is awsome nd ive learned a lot from the scene its a great place.THANKS YOU SCENE!

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:08 AM

yes, some people get movies from netflix faster...depending on location, yea...and the new blockbuster thing...called total access, yea like you said...
you can take the DVD to the store instead of shipping it and you can get a movie there...kinda cool i guess...if its on your way its real nice too...

didnt get a response from blockbuster yet...

#4 XflangX

XflangX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

check this out, its kinda funny...(it's in thread format, so the oldest is at the bottom...i didnt keep in my original message, as it obviously would be a waste or text space.

*blockbuster

*me

Response (Blockbuster Online) 11/01/2006 11:51 PM
Hi Bobby,

My apologeis for the misunderstanding. Rest assured that I'll be forwarding your feedback to the appropriate department on your behalf, Bobby. If there is anything I can help you with in the future, feel free to email me and I would gladly attend to all your concerns with your online account. Thank you for your patience as we strive more in providing you with the most satisfactory customer service possible.

Warm regards,

Christina
Customer Care Associate
BLOCKBUSTER Online

Want an answer faster? You can always visit the FAQ section on our web site after clicking on the "Customer Care" link.

Customer (Bobby Reed) 11/01/2006 05:25 PM
? this response doesnt even follow my original feedback...??

On 11/1/06, Blockbuster Online Customer Care <blockbuster@custhelp.com>
wrote:
>
> formId: 1026
> txtFormName: BLOCKBUSTER® Store Feedback Contact Us
>
>
> *link removed*
>
> * Subject* DTS- Recommendation for your site * Discussion Thread* * Response
> (Blockbuster Online)*11/01/2006 04:22 PM Hello Bobby,
>
> Thanks for contacting BLOC

KBUSTER Online Customer Care.
>
> I'm sorry you're having trouble signing up, Bobby. Please call us at
> 1-866-692-2789 Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. until 6:00 P.M. CST, and
> we'll be glad to create your account over the phone. We look forward to
> having you on board and hope to hear from you soon!
>
>
> Jean
> Customer Care Associate
> BLOCKBUSTER Online

lol the first response is kinda ridiculous...lol, and the second one spelled apologies wrong lol...i dont know if ill get another response from them though...doesn't really look like it i guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users