• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MarkRobbins

MarkRobbins

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:35 AM

What in the world happened to the Steelers this year? I think Big Ben is hurt and nobody wants to admit it. I'm just wondering what others think.

~ Mark @ XBox 360 Guide http://www.xbox-360-guide.com/ A Guide to XBox 360 Games, Consoles, & Accessories

#2 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:11 AM

I think Big Ben's only a mediocre QB and this is what happens when you put pressure on him to win. When there were pieces around him and he only had to make a few passes he was good. You ask him to carry the team he's not. He's a better QB the less he throws the ball. Hence system QB.

#3 MarkRobbins

MarkRobbins

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:34 PM

Unfortunately I think you may be right that he's cracking under pressure. I also don't think that he's been healthy at all this year.

#4 rwk71

rwk71

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:02 AM

Well think about this guys....Ben had that wreck that nearly killed him...then the surgery right b4 the season started then the hit he took that scrambled his head shortly into the season. he is lucky to be alive after the wreck. i think he is a little gun shy. this in all has been a bad season for the steelers. i follow them closely and i firmly believe that they will be fine. now as far as "the less he throws the better he is" if i remember correctly their run through the playoffs and to the superbowl rode on his arm completly. they threw more in that time that any other steeler teams did....while those teams where game planning to stop the run Ben threw all over them. go check the stats for the playoff games last year. TRUST ME THE STEELERS ARE AND WILL BE FINE. just a bad season all around they they havent found a way to overcome the things that have happened.

#5 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:46 PM

Last year Big Ben only had 30 or more passing attempts in 2 games. The playoffs were won with running, defense, and shoddy officiating in the Superbowl.

Now look at him this year. He's thrown the ball more than 30 times in 7 games. They've lost all but 1 of those games, and the highest QB rating he has in that group of games is 77.2

He's already thrown twice as many interceptions as last year. You make Ben throw the ball and he stops being the efficient QB and he becomes an error prone mess. I like him. I think he's a QB you can win with, which has been proven. But he can't carry a team the way a Brady, Manning, Palmer, etc can.

#6 rwk71

rwk71

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:40 AM

Manning can only carry a team as far as the playoffs. no farther! dont get me wrong he is great. probably has a spot already reseved at the hall of fame just waiting for him. but i honestly believe that peyton will be the greatest QB to NEVER win a Super Bowl. he is gonna blow away Marino's records but he will never get a ring that say's "world champion" on it. however. if they colts would fire Dungy and bring in someone like say.,..Cowher....(who we all know's future isnt certain in Pitt right now) then my view would change. i dont think Dungy (even though he is an ex-Steeler) can coach a team to a championship. only time will tell.....

#7 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE(rwk71 @ Dec 23 2006, 03:47 AM) View Post

Manning can only carry a team as far as the playoffs. no farther! dont get me wrong he is great. probably has a spot already reseved at the hall of fame just waiting for him. but i honestly believe that peyton will be the greatest QB to NEVER win a Super Bowl. he is gonna blow away Marino's records but he will never get a ring that say's "world champion" on it. however. if they colts would fire Dungy and bring in someone like say.,..Cowher....(who we all know's future isnt certain in Pitt right now) then my view would change. i dont think Dungy (even though he is an ex-Steeler) can coach a team to a championship. only time will tell.....

All Manning not winning in the playoffs proves is that he has NO defense to speak of. None. Christ, they gavce up like 400 yards rushing a few weeks ago. More yards that any team since the merger. Any time you need to bring the merger into a discussion it shows something is VERY wrong. Indy can't stop the run. I'm half convinced I could grind out a 100 yard running game against Indy if need be. Mannings great, but he can't tackle Ron Dayne or whomever. And we shouldnt expect him to. Last year they were a move by Nick Harper away from the bowl. Maybe if he hadnt been stabbed by his GF that week we'd be talking about Indys ring and not Ptts ring. Manning is amazing. He's as good as it gets. If I were starting a team I'd take him over any player in the league. But I'd probably try to add a defense to the team as well.

#8 jon_jon

jon_jon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:35 AM

With the regular season completed, anyone care to predict the superbowl teams? My prediction is the Chargers and the Saints.

#9 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:25 AM

Seahawks, Eagles, Patriots, and Colts will move on this weekend.

my pick for the superbowl is Patriots Bears

#10 XPxAxBxLxOX

XPxAxBxLxOX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:12 AM

For some reason, I think the Eagles are going to make it to the super bowl. Maybe its my hometown hopes that are driving me to this or this backup QB thats doing a way better job than Mcnabb(this is all my opinion).

#11 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:36 PM

I live in Ontario but I have been an Eagles fan for the last 5 years or so. I hate TO just like you do. I just think when it comes down to it, the Bears defense beats Garcia.

Also, it's not that I'm cheering against the Eagles now that Mcnabb is out, but what do they do next year if Garcia brings them to the Superbowl? Trade Mcnabb? Trade Garcia? Could be an interesting situation and I don't want to see Mcnabb go.

Edited by Spency234, 05 January 2007 - 01:37 PM.

#12 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:49 AM

Big stories from this weekend

Romo can't hold a football, Detmer can.

New England are the 2007 Superbowl champs.

That is all for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users