X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:41 PM

Hi all,

Im planning on changing the stock fan and adding an air intake fan using Vantec Stealth fans. Im also going to light up my jewel with blue LEDs (6 x 3.3v Blue LEDs to be specific).

For simplicities sake, Id like to use the HDDs Molex adapter to power these mods.

FYI These mods are going into my 1.6 xbox with the x3 + x3ir + x3cp that has a 320GB Seagate barracuda 7200.10.

I dont feel that there will be enough power draw for me to run into any issues, however I figured I should run it by the experts first!

Thanks.

#2 ace_012

ace_012

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:59 PM

Yep itll be more then enough. The yellow wire is 12v and the red wire is 5v. Why do you think the wires are so big tongue.gif

#3 acdreign

acdreign

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE(ace_012 @ Nov 2 2006, 04:06 PM) View Post

Yep itll be more then enough. The yellow wire is 12v and the red wire is 5v. Why do you think the wires are so big tongue.gif

Oh I know why the wires are so big cool.gif I've just never bothered to look into the exact specs of the psu in an xbox.

Considering my PCs power supply went out with a literal bang recently, I'm a little more cautious than I normally would.

Let me tell ya... when you hear a gunshot like BANG coming out of a computer you just dumped 500$ into, you get a good scare... As it turns out, 450 watts was not enough to power my system...

But I digress. Thanks for the confirmation!

#4 silent_line

silent_line

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:20 AM

yeah you shouldn't have any problems, but if your still alittle skeptical, you can always get power straight from the psu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users