insomniacNL

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:07 PM

Hey guys!!

First of all I want to say that you guys have a pretty damn good website and your support is excellent!! It worked for me more than one time and I didn't even thanked you guys for that. So thanks!! The reason for this post is the following: I want a new harddisk for my xbox, cause I want to make a media center of my xbox. I already have XBMC 2.0 on my xbox and it works like a charm. They linked me to your website, because the couldn't help me with my questions...

Question 1: Which harddisks are the best to buy? I heard that Seagate is a good one, are there more brands that also do good?

Question 2: I read in the tutorial that there is a limit of how big a new harddisk can be. How do I patch my bios with 'LBA48 support (??)'? And how would I know if that hasn't been done already? This is because I want to put a 250GB harddisk in it... (Oh Yeah!) biggrin.gif

Question 3: How do I know which version of EvolutionX (my dashboard) I have installed on my xbox?

Question 4: How do I know what mod-chip I have, cause I honestly don't know...

Question 5: And maybe you have a few good tips before getting started and all?

Well, that was it for now... Thanks again for all the help and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Greetz InsomniacNL blink.gif

#2 dark_blood

dark_blood

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:42 PM

Q1: Which harddisks are the best to buy? I heard that Seagate is a good one, are there more brands that also do good?

A1: Seagate are good brand, Maxtor is another good HDD to go with.

Q2: I read in the tutorial that there is a limit of how big a new harddisk can be. How do I patch my bios with 'LBA48 support (??)'? And how would I know if that hasn't been done already? This is because I want to put a 250GB harddisk in it... (Oh Yeah!)

A2: From what i know you don't need to patch your xbox. The xbox can hold up to 2 terrabits. (hope thats right) So you could just put a 250gb hard drive straight in,

Q3: How do I know which version of EvolutionX (my dashboard) I have installed on my xbox?

A3: Depends which DashBoard you have, if you have Unlashed X. you can just press Xbutton i think it is and a list of spec for your xbox comes up. Or you can just look in settings and in there it should tell you some where.

Q4: How do I know what mod-chip I have, cause I honestly don't know...

A4: take your xbox apart and have a look.

Q5: And maybe you have a few good tips before getting started and all?

A5: Buy a Torx screwdriver

#3 jimmy84

jimmy84

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(insomniacNL @ Nov 4 2006, 02:14 PM) View Post

Hey guys!!

First of all I want to say that you guys have a pretty damn good website and your support is excellent!! It worked for me more than one time and I didn't even thanked you guys for that. So thanks!! The reason for this post is the following: I want a new harddisk for my xbox, cause I want to make a media center of my xbox. I already have XBMC 2.0 on my xbox and it works like a charm. They linked me to your website, because the couldn't help me with my questions...

Question 1: Which harddisks are the best to buy? I heard that Seagate is a good one, are there more brands that also do good?

Question 2: I read in the tutorial that there is a limit of how big a new harddisk can be. How do I patch my bios with 'LBA48 support (??)'? And how would I know if that hasn't been done already? This is because I want to put a 250GB harddisk in it... (Oh Yeah!) biggrin.gif

Question 3: How do I know which version of EvolutionX (my dashboard) I have installed on my xbox?

Question 4: How do I know what mod-chip I have, cause I honestly don't know...

Question 5: And maybe you have a few good tips before getting started and all?

Well, that was it for now... Thanks again for all the help and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Greetz InsomniacNL blink.gif

get a 320gig seagate or western digital my ones the wd3200jb best thing ever

yer 2 terabits but if you have over 265gb on one partition you will get data corruption so you have to download xbpartitioner after hdd is installed and format f drive with 32k clusters(open xbpartitioner) press white button until you see it say 32k clusters on right top of screen then format f drive. don't do that f+g drive since it is completely gay.

open evox and on the skin it should say

download bioschecker and make sure you have your modchip in unprotected mode and it will tell you your chip and bios.

no tips besides that xbpartitioner one if you want to plan on using all spare space on f drive when it exceeds 256bb's. don't do the shitty f+g thing as explained before that was back in the olden days of xbox.

i suggest you reflash your chip also with a newer bios eg xecuter 5035.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users