Englishkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:45 PM

I just bought a belkin F5D5231-4 router, the internet orks fine but when i play xbox live after 10 minutes i get disconected the same happens when i play world of warcraft. Any help thanks

#2 Englishkid

Englishkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:11 PM

bump any help

#3 Jack Fade

Jack Fade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:19 PM

I'm having the exact same problem after the Dash update.

It's really weird.

#4 Englishkid

Englishkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:08 PM

so you get disconnected rom live after 5 10 minutes well whilst your playing?

#5 1337 pig

1337 pig

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

I have the almost the same problem and i to have a belkin router. But we just got a new modem and isp. Its same speed as our last isp and modem but i get disconnected from all things that are pluged into the router. Like the internet, etc.

#6 Englishkid

Englishkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:34 PM

damn this sucks, we need help people

#7 mehmehmeh1

mehmehmeh1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:04 AM

yup im getting same problem. get on, play for several minutes (5-10 i dunno in that range) and then get disconnected and have to reconnect. im seeing lots of people in my games that are having the same problem so maybe ms broke something with the update. who knows? for the people that are also getting disconnected.. are you playing with modded firmware or not?

#8 1337 pig

1337 pig

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(mehmehmeh1 @ Nov 5 2006, 05:11 PM) View Post

are you playing with modded firmware or not?

I am but that wouldnt affect my internet. When i directly connect my modem to my xbox it works perfectly fine. I think it might have something to do with the router.

#9 Englishkid

Englishkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

happens on my old router aswell which it didnt before problem with the computer maybe?

#10 furzgesicht

furzgesicht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:14 PM

ok guys, this is an obvious problem. I think MS has managed it to check online whether youīre playing a backup or not. I have the same problem since today. Probably they activated some kind of checking routine. This is serious problem cuz even SS-patched "backups" were noticed, so "backup"-playing will not work any more.

I tested to keep online without playing any game --> the same problem appears (disconnect). So either MS suddenly managed to check modded FWs or the dashboard update has brought a big bug to us.

So what do you think...?

...and please forget about router or hw-probs. You wouldnīt find anything. My hw is fully tested and works. Iīm using a xtreme 3.0 patched xbox. what about you? Those datas will maybe lead to a solution... e.g. if any1 here with those probs has a 3.0 fw, so we should perhaps update to the l8test one...?!?

p.s. to speed up things: I have the same effect if I connect directly with my xbox (without any router) to the i-net...

Edited by furzgesicht, 06 November 2006 - 11:21 PM.

#11 Englishkid

Englishkid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

i havnt got a modified xbox, as this happens whilst playing pc games online, but it works without a router at all modem > pc works fine wtf.

#12 furzgesicht

furzgesicht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:12 AM

thank godness, my first analysis seems to be incorrect. I played XBOX Live this morning about 30mins and no problems appear.

Well, letīs wait and see what is happening this evening again. Perhaps it was just a server problem and no aimed attack on backup-playing...?

#13 gabe681

gabe681

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:53 AM

Hello all,

I had this same problem and after reading numerous places on the internet regarding getting disconnected from websites. Router rebooting on its own when i connect to live a so forth. I discovered that by turning off the feature know as UPnP on my router everything went back to normal.

PS i had to routers doing the exact same thing one was a linksys, and the other was a dlink. After disabling the UPnP on my routers they both work great!!

UPnp is a feature that allows Windows XP and ME to remotely open necassary prots for Internet applications. The Xbox 360 also uses this protocal.

Hope this helps

#14 1337 pig

1337 pig

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:22 AM

My UPnP was off when i checked the settings and in the info thing it said way different then what u just said,
"UPnP
UPnP (Universal Plug-and-Play) is a technology that offer seamless operation of voice messaging, video messaging, games, and other applications that are UPnP compliant. Some applications require the Router's firewall to be configured in a specific way to operate properly. This usually requires opening TCP and UDP ports and in some instances setting trigger ports. An application that is UPnP compliant has the ability to communicate with the Router, basically "telling" the Router which way it needs the firewall configured. The Router ships with the UPnP feature disabled. If you are using any applications that are UPnP compliant, and wish to take advantage of the UPnP features, you can enable the UPnP feature. Simply select "Enable" in the "UPnP Enabling" section of the Utilities page. Click "Apply Changes" to save the change. "

However, today I have not gotten disconnected from the internet and i've been on for sereral hours. I havent been on live today tho. I have no idea what happened, I didnt ever mess with settings or anything.

#15 furzgesicht

furzgesicht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:41 AM

I think we can close this discussion. I played XBOX Live yesterday for 4 hours without any disconnections. I think the problem must be sought on "the other side" (MS) wink.gif

So just a temp phenomenon, donīt worry be happy biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users