• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:00 AM

Ok, first a little background. I have all my mp3s on my computer that is running windows xp pro, not MCE. However i downloaded that windows connect program so that i would be able to stream the music from my computer that is on one side of the house to my 360 that is in my room on the other side of the house. With the old dashboard i was able to press the guide button, go down to select music, then choose my computer, then i would bring up all my mp3s and i would just tell it to play the artist i wanted and it would start playing, then i would pop in halo 2 and i was able to listen to the music on my computer WHILE i played halo 2 on xbox live. However with the new fall update for the dashboard i go thru the same steps however now when i pop in halo 2 the music will play up untill i get to the "press start" screen and then it just stops and will not play. Did they take this feature out of the new dashboard and if so why? I loved having access to my whole library on my computer and be able to listen to whatever is on my computer while i play halo 2 on XBL.

Also, might as well ask this instead of opening up a different thread. Anyone know what freakin thing the 360 reads the mp3 information from???? Is it ID3 V2 or what? Because some of the artists, when viewed on my 360, come up wrong. For example, i have 3 "My chemical Romance"'s appear in the list. Two of them appear to be identical in name and the third one shows up as "My Chemica Romance" so it is missing the "L" However i have gone and checked MANY times to ensure that everything is correct, in both the file name and the ID3 V2 and V1 tags. Everything is spelled right but my 360 is still reading it wrong for some reason.

Anyone know the answers to my 2 questions, thanks for reading and sorry it was a bit long winded.

#2 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:21 PM

I guess nobody noticed.....

#3 cazamodo

cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

Ive never been able to play music, from hdd or computer with origiona lxbox games. I dint think you could?

#4 Geirskogul

Geirskogul

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:26 AM

You weren't supposed to be able to listen to music when playing original games. I know you COULD, but that was a glitch. Because it was a glitch, there means there was an underlying problem that let it happen, or a problem that started after one made use of the glitch (I'm guessing: memory leak). It has since been fixed.

#5 Sgt_Yates

Sgt_Yates

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Xbox (Duh!) Classic cars, Roms (legal of course), Phoenix Suns
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:15 AM

I liked that feature as well. That is lame. It has the processing power to do both...why not allow it? Maybe it heats up teh processors or something...Yeah , Once day I was dloading, playing games, streaming and chatting all at once...thats what gaming is all about.

#6 Mhoram

Mhoram

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:58 PM

I was just streaming while playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance about 2 days ago. It still works.

#7 cazamodo

cazamodo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:30 PM

*sigh*
You can stream music while playing xbox 360 games
you cant stream while playing origional xbox games

#8 _GhOsT_

_GhOsT_

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:23 AM

if you stream it from a usb device it still works

#9 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for the replys guys. To bad they fixed that glitch, that would actually be a really nice feature and i really liked that. And thanks for the heads up that it still works from a usb device.

However does anyone know the answer to my other question? As in what tag does the 360 read for mp3 files? Because all my id3v1 and v2 tags are set exactly but my 360 is still reading from something else other then the id3 tag and filename....

#10 Geirskogul

Geirskogul

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:10 AM

The 360 is ID3v2 (or 1.1 or whatever that is)

#11 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:53 PM

See that is what i thought but even though i have edited my 1d3 tags, both v1 and v2, the 360 is still reading some names from somewhere else and i have no idea and it is really starting to frustrate me. One thing that i have noticed is that on some mp3 files that open and edit in Tagscanner is that it will say that there are other tags on the mp3 file other then id3, some like ogg-info and some others. Now i thought those were for .ogg files and other file types other then mp3. Is it possible that the 360 is reading those or some of those other tags? and if so how do i delete those other tags so that i only have id3v2 tags?

#12 fenrisx

fenrisx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:51 AM

I would listen to music on my HD while playing Halo 2, but I never streamed music from the PC while playing Halo 2... I wonder if I can still listen to music off the HD while playing. I haven't played Halo 2 in a few weeks...

On a side note.. I just started streaming music from the PC last night. I loaded up the HD with all my albums on it..nearly 189gigs worth of albums.. Man what a mess that is! Doesn't mater how I sort it. I know what you mean with the ID3 tags..

Edited by fenrisx, 25 November 2006 - 06:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users