• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scoliosis

Scoliosis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:04 PM

I have my xbox modded and morrowind GOTY is on my Hard Drive. My Morrowind GOTY is the canadian Version. I want to be able to use the ESP plugins for my game but I dont know how to get them to work correctly. When loading my game I get a dirty Disc Error.

Now i read a walkthrough which lets me hex edit my XBE and to my understanding allow me to use ESP plugins. I hex edited it but it still didnt work. I dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that my temp files are not stored on my Z. I always find my temp files on my X. Meaning that my Morrowind.bsa, Morrowind.ESM and Morrowind.esm.map are stored in X;/Data Files NOT Z:/Data Files.

But if i make another ESM with TES editor and stick it in my temp it works but its very buggy (ie there will be 2 of everything in the game so 2 doors, 2 people and they are all right beside eachother).

so I assume thr only way to fix that is to use ESP plugins buty as I said I get dirty Disc Error. Anyone possibly help out or have any ideas?

#2 ryanx1

ryanx1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:36 AM

I'm a little blurry as to what your saying (I'm guessing lack of sleep on my part), but I may be able to help. You say you hex edited your xbe? In that case, you ought to delete all your cache files on X:\ . You need to put the .esp files in your data files folder within the morrowind folder. Also, what mods you are attempting to use can make a big difference, so if you still have problems, you ought to post which ones your using.

Edited by ryanx1, 06 November 2006 - 05:37 AM.

#3 Scoliosis

Scoliosis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:01 PM

well I made my own mod. What I did was take my Morrowind.esm from my xbox and opened it in TES Editor. THen i made a simple mod to test (i added a small building to fort frostmoth) and i saved it with a esp. I sent the esp to my data files folder in my morrowind game folder and I started it up. It didnt work so what I did was put a second copy in my cache and when i loaded the game it gave me dirty disc.

However, when i converted that mod to esm it worked perfectly.

I am just unable to use esp plugins. I can only use esm and I want to use esp.

#4 ryanx1

ryanx1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:52 PM

That the only mod you've tried? Assuming so, have you made sure it has no Bloodmoon depedencies? Download this to be sure http://tamriel-rebui...tils/TESDTK.zip . Once you've got that use it open your .esp and check to see if there are tribunal or bloodmoon dependencies. If there are, click their respective checkboxes and click the minus sign. In the TESDTK folder you should get a slightly renamed version of the same file (feel free to switch it back, makes no difference) . If that's not your problem, I'm just gonna...pass this off to someone else.

/me still on three hours.

Edited by ryanx1, 06 November 2006 - 11:08 PM.

#5 Scoliosis

Scoliosis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

i dont think that the problem. I used the Morrowind.esm from my xbox. I didnt use any PC versions. This mod was made strcitly from the morrowind.esm i got from my xbox version.

#6 ryanx1

ryanx1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:36 AM

Did you at least try my advice? I doubt it myself, but it's worth a look. Your using an editor made for the PC version, right? The particular place you were modding happens to exist only in expansions on the PC version, so I thought it might merit a quick check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users