pb_05

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:41 PM

finally i successfully flashed my firmware and am able to run backups! now im wondering what i should do to keep my 360 in the best care possibly since my warranty is voided, im really carefull when i take it apart and put it back together, i just want it to stay alive, could everybody list a few pointers on how to keep the 360 error free.

i already bought an intec airflow stand that puts the xbox off the ground to allow extra cooling

#2 oZKa

oZKa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:04 AM

dude theres really nothin i can tell you but just take care of it! lol do not use and intercooler

#3 peetyboy2006

peetyboy2006

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Football, Anything Electronic, Programming and Hacking Xbox / Xbox 360.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:12 PM

just to add a few extra things you can do to add extra life:

1: Keep the power brick well ventilated to prevent overheating.

2: If you want to keep the temps down in your 360, an easy solution is to replace the cruddy stock thermal paste used on the GPU and CPU and replace with some half decent or top of the range stuff (arctic silver springs to mind as a good choice.)

3: Keep the airholes on the 360 clear and allow adaquate airflow around the box.

4: DO NOT move the console whilst it has a spinning disc inside lol

5: If your really adventurous you could water cool it as seen in another thread somewhere around here (cant remember which section it was in tho lol, maybe tutorials?)

6: Just take good general care of it. Ive had mine a year now and no problems whatsoever.

Have fun with your backups biggrin.gif tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users