fastbackb16

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:30 AM

ok i have a question i have a 360 with the samsung drive it was made 2006-08-07 dats the exact way it stated on the 360 some i guessin it was made in july or agust....i bought it about a month ago......well what i am tryin to find out is if i can do the firm ware on it because ppl around where i live told me i couldnt because any 360 made in june 2006 and newer has a chip in the drive so yo would be able to do the firmware....i need help asap

#2 ownage

ownage

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:56 AM

you can still flash it even if it is an ms28 which is the newer kind, look at this big tutorial which will tell you anything you need to know

http://www.360mods.n...ads/get=61.html

#3 fastbackb16

fastbackb16

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:42 AM

would i have to get it flashed everytime i play a burned game??

#4 Dexter Harvey

Dexter Harvey

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE(fastbackb16 @ Nov 5 2006, 10:49 PM) View Post

would i have to get it flashed everytime i play a burned game??

No

#5 fastbackb16

fastbackb16

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE(Dexter Harvey @ Nov 5 2006, 11:35 PM) View Post

No

it so has any1 ever done this drive before on here im guessin i have the ms28 drive instead of the ms25.........another thing this might sound dumb lol but is it possible to do this from a labtop like as far as the firmware stuff....cuz i dont think my desktop has a sata cable....or is the like a usb to sata adaptor

#6 jamestownfinest

jamestownfinest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:52 AM

Your desktop has a SATA. Thats how the Mobo communicates with the HD. If you listed your desktop's system specs im willing to betcha that we can tell you if your system will work.

#7 fastbackb16

fastbackb16

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE(jamestownfinest @ Nov 5 2006, 11:59 PM) View Post

Your desktop has a SATA. Thats how the Mobo communicates with the HD. If you listed your desktop's system specs im willing to betcha that we can tell you if your system will work.

well my destop is like 2-3 years old it a compaq presario 6000......my lab top it like 2 weeks old lol....i woork at circuit city.....so if anything i might buy a destop just for hacking.....but if i can use my old 1 it would be better im stilll a noob at this stuff lol

#8 Dexter Harvey

Dexter Harvey

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE(fastbackb16 @ Nov 6 2006, 12:04 AM) View Post

well my destop is like 2-3 years old it a compaq presario 6000......my lab top it like 2 weeks old lol....i woork at circuit city.....so if anything i might buy a destop just for hacking.....but if i can use my old 1 it would be better im stilll a noob at this stuff lol

a compaq presario 6000 use that one buy a pci sata card this is the best.

VIA 6421L PCI SATA Card (Yes VIA 6421A Will Work)
SYBA SY-VIA-150 PCI SATA /IDE Combo Controller Card

This card is the best PCI SATA card for flashing the Samsung drive will work Hitachi drive using
Slax 2 cd.It can also be used to "bad-flash" an MS28 without soldering Vcc

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16815124022 (non-raid version)

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16815124023 (RAID version)

http://computers.sea...rchiZQQsaprcloZ

Note you may notice the difference in price of cards above.
The reason why is because these cards come in two flavors, a
Non-raid version and a raid version.The non-raid version will
Work just fine. You can check if it's a raid card if there is an "R" in the
Title or just by checking the description. Both cards will work just fine for flashing the Samsung.

DOWNLOAD LATEST DRIVERS FOR THESE CARDS http://www.viaarena...._raid_v530c.zip

#9 fastbackb16

fastbackb16

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:59 PM

ok but dont i have to de solder something in the drive????

#10 Kramer987

Kramer987

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:i love to mod :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(fastbackb16 @ Nov 6 2006, 03:06 PM) View Post

ok but dont i have to de solder something in the drive????

no

#11 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:08 PM

The easiest way to flash an MS28 drive is by purchasing a VIA VT6421L or VT6421A PCI SATA card. Since you don't have SATA already, that is perfect for you anyways. Look in the pinned topics for a thread titled "Important Links" which has links to a few places you can purchase the card from. I bought mine from Newegg.

With a VIA chipset, the MS28 can be flashed without desoldering / VCC switch. You can use what is called the bad-flash recovery method to flash the MS28 drive. There are instructions in that tutorial linked above for the bad-flash recovery method with a VIA chipset.

#12 langnao

langnao

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:17 PM

Doing the badflash method(10sec thingy) using the VIA PCI SATA card is still much better, cleaner and safer as compared to soldering method.

After gotten the card, probably the next troublesome step is to get MTKFLASH to see the sata ports. You can use 'xtremebootmaker' to create the customized MTKFLASH. The whole detailed steps can be found in this fourm posted by many. And yes, many successful stories ... smile.gif

#13 fastbackb16

fastbackb16

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:13 PM

ok theres aguy around where i live sayin that theres no way i can get this done becasue i have a samsung ms28 and it was made in june 2006 or newer and that microsoft has a chip in the drive that u cant take off with out breaking it...he says that it glued on there.......is there any truth to this....i can take pics of my drive if it helps

#14 pds910

pds910

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(fastbackb16 @ Nov 6 2006, 01:20 PM) View Post

ok theres aguy around where i live sayin that theres no way i can get this done becasue i have a samsung ms28 and it was made in june 2006 or newer and that microsoft has a chip in the drive that u cant take off with out breaking it...he says that it glued on there.......is there any truth to this....i can take pics of my drive if it helps

well the guy around you is an idiot...MS28's can be flashed using a VIA sata card, just as Textbook said...

what he MAY be referring to are the new hitachi drives, specifically the 0078k firmware models...those are epoxied in place...

#15 fastbackb16

fastbackb16

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

im not positive but this was posted on the xbox-scene.com home page

Black Epoxy Removal and De/ReSolder HLG TSOP Video HowTo
>> You might remember Team MODFREAKz posted a nice Video HowTo a few weeks ago explaining how to remove the transparent epoxy resin found on some Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 drives.
Microsoft uses this epoxy on chips inside Xbox360 DVD drives to prevent you from easily accessing some ic-legs and solderpoints.
The tutorial worked great, however Microsoft is using a new 'black epoxy' in their newer DVD drives like the Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L v0078fk (but I think also in some newer Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 MS28 drives) so Team MODFREAKz released a new HowTo video.
The procedure is pretty much the same as with transparent epoxy, you'll need your hands, a simple scalpel and an hotair-gun, but the temperature required is higher than with transparent epoxy, you'll need something around 100-120C/212-248F.
Certainly for the Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L v0078fk this tutorial can be a very useful as there's no way to flash that drive via software yet. What's even better ... the 6:44 video will also explain you how to desolder and resolder the Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L TSOP firmware chip!

thats was posted i dunno if that has any thing to do with it lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users