CalypsoRaz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:21 AM

I thought this game was a horrible addition to the NFS line. It picks up a little bit after Most Wanted. Sadly the graphics and gameplay dig this game a shallow grave. Not to mention the lack of XBL. Anyway, I rented this game last night in hopes of another great NFS installment but was quickly disappointed. Dont waste your money on this piece of crap.

#2 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:50 PM

Good review. Thanks.

Money saved.

#3 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modification, computers, games, live, friends, girls, eating pasta.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:05 AM

The game is horrible, agreed. The handling feels like your driving a go-cart. The plot is stupid. And its not even racing anymore. There are blockers, scouts and even more stupid things that i fogot. It's not even worth it even it you get it warez. It's just a waste of disk space. sleeping.gif The game keeps on getting crappier evrey year. Need for speed underground 2 was the king. It was not all blurry like most wanted and it had more parts and options to customize with. Whats next need for speed hybrid edition? laugh.gif

#4 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:13 PM

I had figured it was gonna be a POS but judging on that complaint not really a review cuz the guy above me explained better. I absolutly hated NFS:BLACK and alot of ppl besides me still stuck with the outdated graphic of under ground 2. I got the gamepass so no money wasted here just gonna waste and hour of my life.

EDIT: he said hybrid edition WTF lol i wouldnt doubt it but next theyll probably have motorcycles and really suck like DUB edition

Edited by iwanttheagrocrag, 08 November 2006 - 02:15 PM.

#5 CalypsoRaz

CalypsoRaz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:39 AM

Yeah, I have to say my post was more of a flame than review. My appologies haha. But yeah, the graphics seemed almost like a downgrade from NFS:MW and the controls were like driving a firetruck in GTA3. The only perk this game had was being able to start off with an old-school muscle car (even though its a Chevy).

#6 noudles

noudles

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:58 PM

i thought the game was okay at first but its not worth the money to get it.. Most Wanted is better than Carbon.. doesnt seem like they put much effort into making this game ..

#7 drleephd

drleephd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:48 PM

ditto.

Also, The soundtrack is absolutely horrible.
They redesigned the tachometer gauges and they're impractical.

as others have said, dont waste your money smile.gif

#8 mopar360

mopar360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:13 PM

I can see your guys points. But I didnt think it was too bad.
I'm a big fan Forenza/GT style games. Just started getting into xbox, so I havent played many of the other car games indepth yet.

I mostly wanted to play this game because I saw the new Challenger in the previews.
So far the layout is simplistic, I dont like all the silly mods, this one isnt to bad.

I have been driving the chebby, bummer you couldnt start out with more cars. But its not to bad.
The racing is fun, I like the crew member thing and watching the crew member take out the bad guys.
If your use to forenza style driving in the gameplay, this is little diff. Just have to get used to the driving style of the game and its ok.

The cop chases you either like or dislike, Seems after every race I have like 15 cars on me, at first it was great trying to get away from them. Its still fun but not that easy to get so many off your tail, there is skill behind losing them, have to know the streets and hitouts. I never get tired of knocking down the buildings onto the cops though, thats fun.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10

#9 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:02 AM

I actually enjoy this game, it has some redeeming aspects.

Canyon racing is a fun new change, it can get tedious though.

I like how it's not like Underground where you have to put lame mods onto your car to increase your rep.

The team concept is good and bad, it's cool they bring something to the table, they can be helpful in races, but 9 times out of 10 they get in the way or end up trying to keep with you instead of trying to win.

I will say though, for those of you who think the controls suck, pull up GTA III and replay it for a little, you'll realize the controls aren't all bad.

I say kudos for this game for taking out a lot more of the tuner / hip hop image.

#10 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:45 AM

Nothing really new with this game. Excessive radial blur as usual for EA's car games. Even though it is meant to be a super arcade the racing part in this game lacks handling (also as usual).

The only "cool" thing in this game is to collect, tune and style cars.

#11 bunder

bunder

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(mike96sc2 @ Nov 19 2006, 10:09 PM) View Post

I actually enjoy this game, it has some redeeming aspects.

Canyon racing is a fun new change, it can get tedious though.

I like how it's not like Underground where you have to put lame mods onto your car to increase your rep.

The team concept is good and bad, it's cool they bring something to the table, they can be helpful in races, but 9 times out of 10 they get in the way or end up trying to keep with you instead of trying to win.

I will say though, for those of you who think the controls suck, pull up GTA III and replay it for a little, you'll realize the controls aren't all bad.

I say kudos for this game for taking out a lot more of the tuner / hip hop image.

i think its a fun game for the same reasons. i found that its best to use blockers, the scouts and drafters don't seem to help much.

cheers

#12 Raging Walrus

Raging Walrus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

I played the demo for this game back a while ago and I was impressed by the 'crew' gameplay. I was about to get screwed at the end, but one of my guys came up, told him to get rid of this car, and my friend dragged it off its course. I won 5 seconds later thinking "hey this game might not be that bad after all. That's why I have it on my Christmas list (for the 360 because GFX are better and XBL isn't on the Xbox version, so yeah I was pretty pissed at that).

#13 n0bi

n0bi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

I guess NFS:Carbon feels more like an expansion pack than anything else. I mean, essentially it's a nighttime and -thankfully- almost cop-free abridged version of NFS:Most Wanted with all-new muscle cars (only worthy addition), unnecessary 'crew' mechanics, cheesier cutscene dialogue, and the most forgettable soundtrack ever (not to say those previous 'EA Trax' were any good either) with. Oh, and those frustrating 'Canyon Races' to cash in on the popularity of Tokyo Drift's ending scene. If only EA had chosen the closed parking lot scene.... rolleyes.gif

Whatever, it was enjoyable por the 6 hours it lasted. Don't know about the replay though.

Oh, and you'd be impressed to see how useful those 'drafters' become in the final races; they can really make a difference during the final stretch of those sprints.

#14 flint87

flint87

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

I thought it was good. I haven't played any NFS games since NFUG 1. In many ways it is not quite as good as it good be.

The soundtrack is a bit uninspiring and I expected more from a EA game, plus the included amount of tracks is a very big dissapointment.

The cop chase is a good idea, but doesn't really make the best of it. I remember the wild days of NFS3 cop chases, now those where something..

The career is good, but soon over with only the challenge races to race.

Overall about a 6.5-7. I remember liking NFUG much more.

#15 Rodiks

Rodiks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:18 AM

totally agreed with this one... i think the controls are way off and it gave me a different feel other the the NFS previous installments... MOST WANTED was exciting and gave me a good feel in the drivers seat... but this game i say i got to park on this one... tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users