• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alize

Alize

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Web Developing (PHP, MySQL, CSS)<br />Flash Development (ActionScript)
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:22 PM

Hey Guys,

I bricked my freshly bought pioneer 111D LOL silly i know, heres what I done:

I just flashed my 360 drive, went to backup my 2ND copy of graw (as i moved xbox with the 1st one in it hence im making backups!) So read about it, read that i have to take my drive apart! So i took the bottom off it, then took top off it, went to test it and NOTHING! No lights, no power going to it, completely BRICKED! At first, I thought their might be a switch on it that the case presses when its together, so i put it back together and still nothing! I have no idea whats wrong with it? Any ideas?

I tried several molex connectors and nothing, tried my other dvd drive, works fine...Any ideas?

#2 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:30 PM

sounds like you are trying the wxripper method. you should have used an old dvd drive to take apart

#3 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

if you read more then you couldve save the 111D. You dont need to take it apart for hotswap method. Theres a small hole in front of the tray and if you poke in the hole with a small pin/needle then the drive ejects and you can swap dvd's.

#4 jxoxn21

jxoxn21

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Sex, Drugs and Alcohol.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Nov 6 2006, 04:51 PM) View Post

if you read more then you couldve save the 111D. You dont need to take it apart for hotswap method. Theres a small hole in front of the tray and if you poke in the hole with a small pin/needle then the drive ejects and you can swap dvd's.

The Pioneer 111d just HAPPENS to be one of the only drives that work with the little eject hole. blink.gif

#5 Alize

Alize

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Web Developing (PHP, MySQL, CSS)<br />Flash Development (ActionScript)
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:44 AM

OK thanks guys, new 1 should be here 2moz, any ideas what the hell happened to my 111D? I only took it apart, the only thing I can think of a either static shock (most likely!) or Pioneer put some device in it that renders it useless the second you open it for safety reasons (blinding people?)

I think the 2nd one is VERY unlikely but always possible...

#6 T0TAL

T0TAL

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE(jxoxn21 @ Nov 7 2006, 02:09 AM) View Post

The Pioneer 111d just HAPPENS to be one of the only drives that work with the little eject hole. blink.gif

Does this method work with the 110D drive because I was looking into a way of doing it without using the XBox drive hooked up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users