• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rundata

rundata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

This may or may not be in the wrong forum sorry, but i wish to make a headset for my xbox controller.. does anyone know of a schematic or something i can work from to just add a mike, cos the other team players voices come through the telebox lol tongue.gif
if anyone knows of anyway to help me please say it. thanks in advance
rd

#2 rundata

rundata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:00 PM

....so nobody knows???

#3 xzenor

xzenor

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:17 AM

Not quite clear on what your trying to achieve. Some games have a setting for the headset. Sound through speakers (telebox), sound through both, TV and headset, and sound through headset only.

Does that help?? If not, re-word your question please.

After re-reading your post, it sounds like you just need to purchase a headset. Or maybe something like this...... IPB Image

Is this what your talking about??

#4 rundata

rundata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

similar, but i want the headset to be soldered onto the handset board, as i dont have an existing jack plug to modify.
any ideas on which solder points are for the microphone??
thanks again.
cheers for this btw..

#5 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:03 PM

i bought an adapter from circuit city to allow you to plug in any headset in the 360 controller. its 10 bucks
datel makes it

#6 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

moving to the hardware moding forum...

#7 rundata

rundata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:56 PM

im sure its nice, but the fact of the matter is i dont want to buy one, i want to make one. im not asking for recommendations of products, im looking to try out some things myself. never mind anyway, ty for trying, it just seems nobody here knows... if anyone is interested
ill probably post the results of how to do it if/when i do lol
thanks again people.
but if someone does know which points on the controller i need to solder off to add a mike.. speak now or forever h9old your peace lol

#8 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(rundata @ Nov 10 2006, 05:03 PM) View Post

im sure its nice, but the fact of the matter is i dont want to buy one, i want to make one. im not asking for recommendations of products, im looking to try out some things myself. never mind anyway, ty for trying, it just seems nobody here knows... if anyone is interested
ill probably post the results of how to do it if/when i do lol
thanks again people.
but if someone does know which points on the controller i need to solder off to add a mike.. speak now or forever h9old your peace lol

Well I know, gimmie a few and I'll make up a diagram even you could follow. You'll have to remove the headset jack and you'll loose the mute and volume functions, unless you go adding the parts for it.

P.S. Someone looking to try something out for themselves, doesn't ask how to go about doing it.

#9 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:50 PM

OK, here goes. You have 1 of 3 ways to go about doing this.

1 - Remove the jack completely, leaving a huge hole where it was, you'll need some way to get the wire in there anyway.

2 - Cut 1 trace on the board and leave the jack installed, then drill a new hole for the wire to get in.

3 - If all you want is JUST the Mic installed you should be able to do that without removing the jack or cutting the trace. But you'll still need to drill a hole for the wire to get in. (haven't tested this myself)

Either way you end up with some fugly looking setup and in the case of the 2nd method you'll have to repair the trace before you could use a real headset again.

These pics are of the Wired controller, but the connections are the same on the Wireless one, as well as cutting the trace in the same location.

The BLUE dots are the spots you'll need to desolder to remove the headset jack for the #1 method.

The BLACK line is the trace you'd have to cut to do use the #2 method.

IPB Image

If you're using the #3 method and soldering up JUST a Mic it should work fine. Connect it to GND and the Mic+ spots below and try it out. I didn't test this method, but it should work just fine, since the trace that gets cut is just the one tat tells the controller if a heaset is plugged up or not, so it knows to send the sound to it, or the thru the TV, like listening to voice IMs. The SPRK+ spot is ONLY for if you've done method #1 or #2 and are wanting to use a headphone set or some other really small speaker for sound.

IPB Image

#10 eastx

eastx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:37 AM

What's a telebox?

#11 rundata

rundata

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:58 PM

RDC thanks alot my friend!
Cheers for that, ill try it out and tell ya if it worked lol.
knowing me, ill break something tongue.gif
also a telebox is a Television lol. i was being silly......
nvm
tongue.gif cheers again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users