Photo

Isobuster Reports 2.00kb As Size Of Xbox Game Disc.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dom03

dom03

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:14 AM

Using the legacy method (original & best way) of backing up games, i am having trouble trying to backup XBOX games. I go through the procedure and extract ss.bin, pfi.bin, dmi.bin. Then i unlock the xbox360 dvd drive and then go to isobuster to begin extraction but it reports the size as being 2.00KB?

This happened on 2 different XBOX games, but for XBOX360 games this issue does not happen and i get my full size correctly reported.

Anyone know why or am i doing something wrong? isn't the procedure to backup an original xbox game same as xbox360?

#2 dom03

dom03

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:23 AM

bump

#3 D3solator

D3solator

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:23 AM

I had something similar to this when I burned an ISO files instead of the DVD files >.<.

#4 bobjim17

bobjim17

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:My Xbox. Duh
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE(dom03 @ Nov 8 2006, 05:21 PM) View Post

Using the legacy method (original & best way) of backing up games, i am having trouble trying to backup XBOX games. I go through the procedure and extract ss.bin, pfi.bin, dmi.bin. Then i unlock the xbox360 dvd drive and then go to isobuster to begin extraction but it reports the size as being 2.00KB?

This happened on 2 different XBOX games, but for XBOX360 games this issue does not happen and i get my full size correctly reported.

Anyone know why or am i doing something wrong? isn't the procedure to backup an original xbox game same as xbox360?

You can find this information yourself, dude.

There's no need to ask for help from people who have merely done said research themselves already.

If you never think for yourself, then you will never amount to more than what others tell you you can be.

Plus, piracy sucks.

Anyway, I got sick of looking at this post all day so thought I would just say my piece and get my peace.

isn't the procedure to backup an original xbox game same as xbox360?

Well, it didn't work, so if I were you I would be guessing not, right about now.

#5 lesman

lesman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:I like computers. I like video games. I like Pepsi. I like playing with toys. mostly I LOVE MY WIFE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(bobjim17 @ Nov 8 2006, 08:48 PM) View Post

You can find this information yourself, dude.

There's no need to ask for help from people who have merely done said research themselves already.

If you never think for yourself, then you will never amount to more than what others tell you you can be.

Plus, piracy sucks.

Anyway, I got sick of looking at this post all day so thought I would just say my piece and get my peace.
Well, it didn't work, so if I were you I would be guessing not, right about now.

While I don't support piracy...online forums wouldn't exist if there weren't people out there who had questions about things...

#6 dom03

dom03

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:39 AM

can someone tell me how to backup xbox1 games properly? is there a guide? i tohuight it was same procedure as xbox360

and i never said anything about piracy nor do i support it, get your opinions correct.

#7 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:44 PM

this is more of a technical question and doesn't belong in the general chat, moving to the backup forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users