• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 boxItUp

boxItUp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:26 AM

I turn on my xbox and it boots right to the default dash. I can see my ice chip and it is a constant red ?

I think its one of two things.

1.) the settings have been changed and it doesnt load the boot menu

2.) I read that i could be a lose connection.

Any ideas on what to do to get it to boot to either the Xenium screen or my UnleashX boot menu. I have tried the reset trick and pushing different types of buttons but its a no go..

any ideas on how to fix this

Thanks

#2 boxItUp

boxItUp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:56 AM

Just took my xbox apart and all the wires are still very secure. I remember when i normaly botted my xbox. my Ice chip with be a different color. not red ?? and ideas ?

I dont think that it would be the switch on the back of the chip.

Its got somthing to do with the led being red because normaly its like a purply mixed with somthing else color...

help is very much needed

THanks

Edited by boxItUp, 08 November 2006 - 07:09 AM.

#3 tnbigdawg

tnbigdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:32 AM

I believe you have Quickboot enabled with a default dash setup. I don't remember, but try booting with the eject button and I think it boots to the OS. Then you can adjust your quickboot and default dash settings.

#4 boxItUp

boxItUp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:05 PM

I have tried. When the xbox is of i press the eject to start evertyhing up. It just goes to the MSDASH again...no boot.. :<:<:<:<:<:<...Is their a different way i should be using the eject button ?

thanks

#5 tnbigdawg

tnbigdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE(boxItUp @ Nov 8 2006, 07:12 AM) View Post

I have tried. When the xbox is of i press the eject to start evertyhing up. It just goes to the MSDASH again...no boot.. :<:<:<:<:<:<...Is their a different way i should be using the eject button ?

thanks

Oh, I thought you were booting to a hacked dash as the default boot. I just tested mine and power on with the eject button is what makes it go to the OS. So you were doing it right but it's not working for you.

Since you mentioned wiring, I assume you don't have a solderless adapter and are using a pinheader? It might be faulty soldering. Sometimes when solder doesn't make good contact, the electrical arcing can cause it to corrode a little and thus the connecting fails later on.

Got a CLEAR picture of the solder points by any chance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users