• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maxx931

maxx931

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:40 AM

I was wondering, does anyone have a script, command line, or peice of software that transfers all the files in /root/xboxapps/app/* into the /E/apps/*

Thanks for your help

#2 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Reverse engineering, Linux, crazy operating systems voodoo, embedded development
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:06 PM

Use a more powerful ftp client that has recursive directory mirroring. For command line use, my favourite is lftp - it supports background tasks, mirroring in any way you can think of, multiple connections, etc.

#3 maxx931

maxx931

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:41 PM

ncftp is pretty darn powerful, just when I use recursive, and it has to create directories, it doesn't transfer files to those new directories. weirdness.

#4 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Reverse engineering, Linux, crazy operating systems voodoo, embedded development
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:54 AM

If the directories have names that are longer than 42 characters they will get truncated by the ftp server. However the client doesn't know about this, and tries to cd into the original long named directory to upload the files, thus failing horribly. There's no easy workaround for this other than to rename all the files to fit the FATX restrictions before uploading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users