Photo

Split-second Pauses/freezes While Playing - Am I Imagining This?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bevilacq12

bevilacq12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:55 AM

I never noticed this on my original XBox 360, but ever since that one died and I got a replacement, I keep noticing these split-second pauses/freezes. The whole screen will freeze for under a second, but definitely a noticeable amount of time. It's back in motion immediately after and continues to work fine, but it seems like something is wrong. I've tried so many setups, yet I can't make it not do this once the patch is applied. Here's the testing I've done.

Refurb console from Microsoft with my original hard drive and all updates to DOA4 - does this freezing

Refurb console without hard drive and obviously no updates - doesn't do this freezing

Refurb console with brand new store-bought hard drive and no updates - doesn't do this freezing

Refurb console with brand new store-bought hard drive and all updates - does this freezing

Brand-new XBox 360 from Gamestop with my original hard drive and all updates - does this freezing

I've tried another copy of DOA4 as well, and it still does the freezing once the update is applied.

So in my mind, it's easy to follow the logic and assume it has to be the update that introduced this problem. Yet no one I talk to online seems to corroborate this. I'm starting to get frustrated. I can't imagine any more hdd/console/disc combinations I can try.

Here's how I'm getting the freezing, for testing purposes if someone wants to try to verify this:

Tag Battle Survival Mode using costume #2 for Hitomi and costume #2 for Kasumi. 90% of the pauses I've seen are when Kasumi is on the screen (either mine or the opponent one using costume #1). I know there ARE slight pauses if you beat two opponents in quick succession as the game hasn't had time to load the new opponent yet - that is NOT what these are. These pauses that I'm talking about here are in the middle of two characters fighting.

#2 bevilacq12

bevilacq12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:39 AM

I should also mention that this doesn't happen constantly - but if I play survival tag team for about 10-15 minutes, I'm guaranteed to see it at least 1 or 2 times.

#3 nimkip

nimkip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:12 PM

Your not imagining this, I've had the same issue since I bought my 360. Although the last couple of times i've played it hasn't happened. So it may just stop after a while.

If I had to guess I would say due to the nature of the problem the culprit is the hard drive. Google clearing xbox 360 game cache. I've been told that can fix the issue. I've also heard leaving your 360 unplugged for 3-4 hours will do it.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users