4 replies to this topic

#1 stowelly

stowelly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:27 PM

ok i did someones box for them, and now it seems that u can put a disk in from cold and it works

but u put another in and it doesnt.... seems u need to wait an hour or so for it to cool down before it will work again

now this isnt my box and the guys obviously not happy about it, how can i sort this out?

#2 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:08 PM

I am having exact same issue. Disks only boot cold. Its so odd. I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL and buring on a brand new Pioneer 111d. My xbox has a Toshiba runing firmware 4.1b (fast read mode first)
I was thinking of buying a replacment laser and trying some pot tweaks and putting my factory laser aside untouched so that if anything goes wrong I can swap it back. I am gonna keep looking thru to forum to see if i can find anything else out.

#3 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:29 PM

Open Tray Thread

Long thread, but it has links to the rubber band mod/fix by JayQue that has worked for a lot of people who have the same issue.

#4 Nitroxeno

Nitroxeno

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

Same exact issue here, I'm using Fujifilms though was going out today to get Verbatim thinking that was the issue but it looks like it must be somthing else if you guys are having same problem. My 360 is only 4 days old and is a samsung ms28 running 4.2a. I can play a game for hours just fine no dirty disc errors or anything, but then if I go to put in another game it will just say Open Drive. No matter how many times I power cycle same issuse. Only way to fix is to let it cool off for about an hour or two and come back and BOOM boots on first try... Very weird.

#5 langnao

langnao

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Nov 10 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

I am having exact same issue. Disks only boot cold. Its so odd. I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL and buring on a brand new Pioneer 111d. My xbox has a Toshiba runing firmware 4.1b (fast read mode first)
I was thinking of buying a replacment laser and trying some pot tweaks and putting my factory laser aside untouched so that if anything goes wrong I can swap it back. I am gonna keep looking thru to forum to see if i can find anything else out.

It has to do with burner and probably disc as well. I gotten this for the burnt done on NEC burner but okay for pioneer. But since u r already using pioneer, try another media. Can consider trying ricoh media. I discover it works better for my samsung drive than verbatim...

If all fails, then it is left with the rubber trick ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users