• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scoliosis

Scoliosis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:32 AM

K i finally got my ESPs to work and i got a mod installed with a new robe. The only problem is that the robes texture is really screwed up. It is red/blue/yellow/black and it looks really distorted. if anyone has had this problem with a texture before and managed to fix it please post your 2 cents.

PS the textures are in BMP format 256x256. There are 2 textures

#2 ryanx1

ryanx1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:23 AM

I'm not too knowledgeable about texture problems, but what did you do to make your esp work?

#3 Scoliosis

Scoliosis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:53 AM

k basically i ripped the morrowind.esm from my xbox HDD but renamed it to morrowindXBOX.esm. I was using that to build my mods and the when i saved the esp's they were looking for the morrowindXBOX.esm instead of Morrowind.esm. (in other words, the p[arent map was morrowindXBOX.esm rather then morrowind.esm) so when i transfered the esp to my xbox the esm needed (which was morrowindXBOX.esm) was not there. to fix this i had to use the xbox version of the ESM but keep in named morrowind.esm.

but ya i need help with the textures. If anyone has anymore ideras that would be cool.

#4 ryanx1

ryanx1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:05 AM

Yeah, this board has gotten pretty dead over time. I'm gonna give it a shot I suppose. Does the result in game bear any resemblance to what it should look like? Or is it totally skewed?

#5 Rwolf

Rwolf

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:I like everything! from toys to boys its all good! ^_^
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(Scoliosis @ Nov 11 2006, 07:39 AM) View Post

K i finally got my ESPs to work and i got a mod installed with a new robe. The only problem is that the robes texture is really screwed up. It is red/blue/yellow/black and it looks really distorted. if anyone has had this problem with a texture before and managed to fix it please post your 2 cents.

PS the textures are in BMP format 256x256. There are 2 textures

Hmmm... sounds like the robes weren't placed in the correct directory... the mod should come with a textures folder inside it, place all the folders/files in that folder into your morrowind texture folder

if that dosent fix the problem you could always try saving the bmp files as DXT1 DDS files... this is easy enough, if you have photoshop, just download the DDS PS Plugin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users