• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 themanman

themanman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:24 AM

i read that in order to play xbox live some games need that you will download an update for them, my question is if i dont play xbox live at all do i still need to download the update just to play offline? and if i dont want to use xbox live atall do i still need to do some updates (games,hardware), or all the updates are just for xbox live users?

thanks!

#2 myztical

myztical

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(themanman @ Nov 11 2006, 11:31 AM) View Post

i read that in order to play xbox live some games need that you will download an update for them, my question is if i dont play xbox live at all do i still need to download the update just to play offline? and if i dont want to use xbox live atall do i still need to do some updates (games,hardware), or all the updates are just for xbox live users?

thanks!

Ive notised, when i was going to play test drive unlimited for the first time, i got the message that a update was req for playing the game and the update is on the gamedisk.. U get the option of update or dont play the game.. And i dont got live so i dont think u need to worry..

#3 themanman

themanman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(myztical @ Nov 11 2006, 11:12 AM) View Post

Ive notised, when i was going to play test drive unlimited for the first time, i got the message that a update was req for playing the game and the update is on the gamedisk.. U get the option of update or dont play the game.. And i dont got live so i dont think u need to worry..

So if i got a modchip or firmware, and i dont connect to xbox-live, and when i play a game offline and he tells me that i need to update it, so if i update it from the cd hes this the same update as the xbox live? and will i have any prob with my xbox becuse i have a modchip or firmware?
plus one last question i heard ppl download the fall update and that has killed thier xbox and every 10 min it just hang, so if i dont have xbox live do i need to install the fall update or this is just for ppl who play xbox live games?

thanks thats all i need to know hope you guys can help me!

#4 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE(themanman @ Nov 11 2006, 12:49 PM) View Post

So if i got a modchip or firmware, and i dont connect to xbox-live, and when i play a game offline and he tells me that i need to update it, so if i update it from the cd hes this the same update as the xbox live? and will i have any prob with my xbox becuse i have a modchip or firmware?
plus one last question i heard ppl download the fall update and that has killed thier xbox and every 10 min it just hang, so if i dont have xbox live do i need to install the fall update or this is just for ppl who play xbox live games?

thanks thats all i need to know hope you guys can help me!

do nt get a modchip first off it aint worth the money just buy the xecuter kit or for whatever drive u have a spend less money and still burn backups THAT U OWN YES THAT U OWN NO PIRACY ALLOWED and about the fall update yes it killed many xbox 360 users but some have prob managed to fix it and sum have not really im not sure about the hole shananagan but on the other hand if u have hitachi i hear the fall update doesnt mess that up so if u have a hacked hitachi drive well i think ur safe to go i wanna say but its better to ask prob sum 1 else hope this helps a bit PS GOING TO PLAY SUM GEARS OF WAR RECCOOOMEND THAT GAME TO ANY1 pop.gif

#5 themanman

themanman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the reply, but still can you answer me about the xbox live question:

1) does the fall update is a must? and what happend if i dont istall it?

2) if i dont use xbox-live do i still need to install the fall update? and if yes than how?

3) does the fall update concern only the xbox live users?

4) if i only going to play beckups games from orignals copies and not use xbox live whould i still need to update my xbox with the fall updade?

5) the fall update coused trouble to both non mode xbox and to the moded xbox right? and do microsoft going to fix it?

thanks hope you guys can help me!

#6 themanman

themanman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

please guys try and answer my questions it is really important!

#7 techmob

techmob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(themanman @ Nov 12 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

please guys try and answer my questions it is really important!

microsoft know, they have a free phone number to!

i suggest readin the topics and making your own mind up

people could tell you anything and you would believe it, not saying thier information wouldn't be correct or anything, it is better to read yourself and make your own decisions on things

pop.gif

#8 themanman

themanman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:50 PM

I did not find any info regarding my questions,4 of them are yes or no questions, here are the queastions again:

2) if i dont use xbox-live do i still need to install the fall update? and if yes than how?

4) if i only going to play beckups games from orignals copies and not use xbox live whould i still need to update my xbox with the fall updade?

5) the fall update coused trouble to both non mode xbox and to the moded xbox right? and do microsoft going to fix it?

#9 techmob

techmob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(themanman @ Nov 12 2006, 02:57 PM) View Post

I did not find any info regarding my questions,4 of them are yes or no questions

hangon!

so how would people be able to answer your questions, if there is no info out there to be found?

the reason people know the answers is because they have researched and spent time looking for the answers sleeping.gif

geez

if you don't install the fall update, nothing will happen at the moment

at some point games will have the fall update installed on it, and probably will not run the game until you run the update

at the moment yes, other than a few features, like 1080 HD

at some point games might have it on, but atm no games have it on

they have fixed it now, but do some reading up about people with the e66 error

Edited by techmob, 12 November 2006 - 03:09 PM.

#10 themanman

themanman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the reply man

Edited by themanman, 12 November 2006 - 03:11 PM.

#11 techmob

techmob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(themanman @ Nov 12 2006, 03:16 PM) View Post

First ppl try it and they can tell me what happend , second i didnt find it, it doesnt mean its nto there, so i`m asking if you guys can help me, if you dont want to help so pls dont reply here, simple as that.

err maybe i should edit my previous post and delete the answers i gave you?

it is just some people are lazy and want to be spoon fed! rolleyes.gif

#12 eyric101

eyric101

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:15 PM

I'll give you my opinion anyway.

QUOTE(themanman @ Nov 12 2006, 08:57 AM) View Post
I did not find any info regarding my questions,4 of them are yes or no questions, here are the queastions again:

The fall update is a must to connect to Xbox live. If you don't get it, you can't get on live

I think Microsoft will not take a chance of doing screwy things related to firmware on a game disk. If they were to mess that up like they did the fall update, then there would have to be a recall. The updates that have been on game disks have not been the full dash updates, as the dash versions have not been the same after the game disk update.

I am sure parts of the fall update will be included on the game CD Nobody really knows for sure, but I think Microsoft will not mess around on the game disks. The Publishers may implement stronger security for their own games.

If you are not going on Xbox Live, and you don't care about the new features, don't connect to live and you won't get the update except if you want to play a game that makes you do the update and you accept the update. Again, I doubt this will be the full update, that is just too risky for Microsoft to do IMHO.

Most of these questions you could have answered by just reading. This question has been asked and answered a lot. The update broke Xboxes that did not have the previous update already before downloading the fall update. Microsoft will fix this of course. The update also broke Xboxes that showed a "down grade" path for their DVD firmware. So if a person had ms28 during the last update, and now has ms25...then the dash would not boot. There is much speculation, and people have reported different scenarios. You have to understand there is a certain amount of risk in hacking a firmware. "Backing up" games is a really thin excuse for people to take all of the risk of running modified firmware.

Edited by eyric101, 12 November 2006 - 03:20 PM.

#13 themanman

themanman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:20 PM

Thanks eyric101 and techmob, i didnt see your answers first, sorry for that , i got no more questions smile.gif

thanks!

#14 techmob

techmob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(themanman @ Nov 12 2006, 03:27 PM) View Post

Thanks eyric101 and techmob, i didnt see your answers first, sorry for that , i got no more questions smile.gif

thanks!

no probs, i am just a funny bugger sometimes

jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users