5 replies to this topic

#1 Scheme

Scheme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:56 PM

I HAVE A PROBLEM! sad.gif

The problem is the games actually became warped! I noticed that the the games I placed stickers on became warped and werent totally flat! The games that didnt have stickers lied flat on a desk and played perfectly!

Now the question is, how can I fix that? I have over 300 games and pretty much all of them have stickers! That means they are all probably warped to some degree. There are so many games that they dont all get played obviously, so the sticker is the actual culprit. Making the disc uneven made it unplayable!

I tried to extract the games to the console to see if it would but I have errors so saving them to the HD wont be an option. I figured maybe removing the games from thier cases and placing them in a spindle in opposite directions ( face up & face down ) with some type of weight or prolonged pressure may un-warp them?

Has this ever happened to anyone? Did anyone find a work around? Any help anyone can give me would be highly appreciated!

unsure.gif

#2 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

Yeah, i think the best workaround would likely be using the original game discs. I mean, if you have a problem with the backup why even ask about what you can do to save it?

#3 Scheme

Scheme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:10 PM

Simply because, I unfortunately got rid of majority of the Originals and even some of the originals are warped.
Almost All games, either backups or original games have warped somehow.
I simply want to unw-arp the disc, original or backup.

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Nov 11 2006, 10:09 AM) View Post

Yeah, i think the best workaround would likely be using the original game discs. I mean, if you have a problem with the backup why even ask about what you can do to save it?

#4 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:53 AM

You got rid of most of your original discs? huh.gif Why would you do that? It just doesn't make sense. That and the fact your discs are warped. I've had CD's for years.. And none of them have ever done anything like this. Maybe you should keep them away from heat sources maybe? As for fixing the discs, i doubt you'll be able to recover any of them. Only work around is to go buy your games back. Well, thats in my opinion anyways. I guess it goes to show that you shouldn't get rid of your originals AFTER you back them up.

#5 Scheme

Scheme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:28 PM

I got rid of most of them because the Original Discs wont play in the XBOX only the Backups do.
I didnt think I had a use for them, (Now I do) hence selling them. Either way I don't have them all.

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Nov 11 2006, 09:00 PM) View Post

You got rid of most of your original discs? huh.gif Why would you do that? It just doesn't make sense. That and the fact your discs are warped. I've had CD's for years.. And none of them have ever done anything like this. Maybe you should keep them away from heat sources maybe? As for fixing the discs, i doubt you'll be able to recover any of them. Only work around is to go buy your games back. Well, thats in my opinion anyways. I guess it goes to show that you shouldn't get rid of your originals AFTER you back them up.

#6 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:11 AM

Since you no longer own the originals you are not entitled to the back ups.

Closed: Read the rules http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=279708

Edited by Xombe, 13 November 2006 - 07:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users